| BIRTHDAYS! In September we get to celebrate Dave, Scott and Madeline's birthdays. Dave is first, and it was such a crazy day, this is the only picture I managed to get (the lack of pictures had nothing to do with the fact that maybe my house was not the neatest....haha. It was definitely one of those days...). Dave requested I make him a homemade chocolate cake from scratch. So I researched blogs and my favorite cookbooks (America's Test Kitchen...) and found one of my favorite blogs(Our Best Bites) had posted a recipe for chocolate cake they found from Cook's Illustrated (America's Test Kitchen). I was sold. This was not the quickest cake to make (contributing to the messy kitchen that day), but Dave loved it. So it was worth the effort. And the kids were so excited to eat this cake that had taken me all day to make (well, maybe not the entire day..) that as soon as Dave and the kids blew out the candles, Dylan's hand went right into the icing.:) Silly boy. Happy Birthday Dave! This next week it will be the twins turn...) |
No comments:
Post a Comment