Scott and Madeline started 1st grade the day after Labor Day this year. Lucky for me, they are once again in the same class. This is already the third school they have been to, and the fourth teacher they have had, and they are just starting 1st grade. Good thing they adapt to change pretty well.:) And since we only live a 1/2 mile from the school, Dylan and I get to walk them to school, and walk them home each day. Not looking forward to the upcoming rainy weather when we can no longer do that.:(
One funny thing, after the first few days of school, I always ask the kids if they have made new friends each day, and one day Madeline said she had a new best friend in class. I asked Madeline what her name was and she replied "I don't know". I explained to Madeline how important it is to learn our friends names, especially if we play with them alot. She then looked at me and said "Well, I just call her 'Friend', Mom!" Lol. Typical Madeline. I am happy to report, she did find out her name that next day.:) |
3 comments:
Scott and Madeline look so tall in their 1st day of school picture. They are growing so fast. Having time with just Dylan is going to be fun for both of you. I wonder if anyone even makes real cotton candy anymore? I loved it as a child but it's pretty sweet. All sugar. But bagged? I can see why they weren't thrilled. The hat though was very cute so I guess it was worth it. The whole circus atmosphere sounds fun. Looks like it was enjoyed by all.
Your kids are getting so big! Scott's legs look so long in the back to school picture. So nice that you live close to the school. Book club has started and I'm missing the old gang...where are you?!
Lucy still asks me everyonce in a while...so how big are Scott and Madeline by now?
I'll show her this school picture and see what she has to say...though it is Dylan that always shocks me. Owens pretty much the same size as when you saw him last :).
Post a Comment