Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Last few weeks of summer....

So, it seems everywhere I turn, more and more kids are starting school.  And our kids still have two more weeks before school starts.  Crazy.  Then again, we got out of school way later then everyone too.  Well, we are trying to enjoy our last few weeks of sleeping in (or at least trying to) and the warmer days that have FINALLY arrived here.:)

Last week, my cute friend, Annalisa (pictured above, hehe), and I took our collective 7 kids (my three, her five) to go pick some blueberries.  My kids loved it and ran around helping pick berries,...until they claimed they were soo hot they were melting.  Seriously!? It was in the higher 70's probably that day, and my kids were melting?

Dylan's face about sums up his attitude for the day.:)  He was pleasent. Haha. I ended up holding him most of the time. All 35lbs of him.

The kids did have fun jumping on this.... whatever it is.  It made a loud clanking noise.  Gotta love kids.:)

Not surprising, from Dylan's above picture, he ended up having a time out while picking blueberries.  We did have fun going and the kids were pretty well behaved, espcially those whose name is not Dylan.:)  And they all LOVED eating the blueberries we picked, and eating the blueberry muffins we made, and the blueberry cobbler.  Yum! (I wish I was more of a blueberry fan myself...)

Recently for Family Home Evening, we headed out to our park to play some baseball.  Scott especially loves doing things like this.  I REALLY need to sign him up for some stuff.:)

Another day, Scott set up a Star Wars Restuarant for us to go to. He put his Star Wars blanket out as a tablecloth and put some Star Wars books out as centerpices. He also filled all our cups with water, and I made some popcorn for their afternoon snack.  Ummmm, so yeah, he is still in his jammies having the afternoon snack.  Must have been one of those days...:)

And we also tried out our slip n slide in the back yard.  The kids were a little hesitant and first, but soon got the hang of it.  They mostly slid on their knees, instead of their tummies.  Haha. 
One thing good about everyone else starting school before us, it makes me feel the pressure to get all ready for the first day, and I am happy to report we are pretty much there.  I am a little jealous of the kids starting school.  I remember as a child LOVING getting new school supplies and stuff, and the fall weather that shortly follows the first day.  I am getting pretty excited.:) (and REALLY, REALLY nervous for them as well)

9 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Dylan is looking SO grown up to me. His little face has matured and now I feel like I hardly know him any more....rats. I guess he and I will just have a long distance relationship from now on and soon he will not even remember me or Kurt"an" :)

Anonymous said...

Wish I could enjoy some of those blueberries! Yum. Finally the "slip n slide"! The kids were coaxing when we were there. :)

Genni said...

hey im glad you got to go pick blueberries. we went on wednesday last week and i still havent made the blueberry crisp i promised the kids. oh well. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens, your kids have gotten so big! I love that you still get to go blueberry picking. Even though you're not in Ithaca, it's nice to see you're keeping up with tradition. I think of you often..miss you!

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know. I put the picture of Scott and his Star Wars setup on my wallpaper. Everytime I look at it I have such a warm spot in my heart for Scott. He is such a good kid and so loves his Star Wars. A very good picture of him also. :-)

Roo said...

How fun!!!

Merkley Jiating said...

Dylan... I love him.

Heather said...

That picture of Dylan is great, one to be saved for when he gets married. We all have those lovely moments with our kids,it keeps us humble. I am not a huge fan of blueberries either, but it looks like lots of fun. We will have to come visit you guys when we make it back to the states. You are in Washington, right? Are you close to the Roloffs? I want to go to their pumpkin patch some October.

Annalisa and Jacob said...

Fun times!! I'm so glad we got to go pick blueberries together! And Dylan's cute grumpy faces still melt my heart!