This is Dylan after going on our church Ward's Father and Sons overnighter this weekend. For those who may not know what this event is, it's when the fathers and their sons go camping for one night. This was actually the first time Dave and the boys have been able to go to one of these. The last few summers we were either moving across the country, or in another state from where all our camping supplies were, on an internship. So, Dave took Scott and Dylan, this being Dylan's first time camping ever. The boys looked forward to this all week long. We got all the kids their own little sleeping bags and camp chairs. They all "practiced" camping out with their new things all week around the house. So, Friday night came, and Madeline and I headed out to dinner with my friend and her girls, while Dave and the boys drove to the camping spot.
One thing about living in the Pacific Northwest is, it doesn't really get dark here until 10:00 pm and it starts getting light here this time of year at about 4:00 am. When Madeline and I woke up Saturday around 8:00 (I know!! great, huh?)Dave texted me a few minutes later telling me that the birds woke them all up to their glorious chirping at about 4, after getting to bed at about 10:30. Also he had brought our air mattress for him and the boys to sleep on in the tent, and he woke up to most of the air out of it as well.:) And he spent most of the night trying not to get pushed off the mattress onto the floor, with Dylan snuggled up right next to him, and Scott spread out over about half of the mattress. Needless to say, he did not get the greatest night's sleep.:) When he texted at 8 that morning, I didn't have the heart to tell him we had just woke up.:) Poor Dylan was so exhausted, he fell asleep for the first time yesterday, on their way home, at about 9:45am, and then again at about 1:00 in the afternoon on the couch. And what a cranky boy he was in the evening!:) I guess getting only half the amount of sleep he normally gets, did a number on him. That said, the boys had alot of fun, and so did Madeline and I. Although, she is looking forward to when we can all go camping later on this summer.:) (Sorry there are no pictures of the actual camping. I DID send someone with a camera, but that same someone forgot all about it.:) I guess they were too busy having fun.) |
4 comments:
Good ol' Father's and Son's! Looks like they had a great time. I'm sure Madeline adored her mom time. in a couple of weeks they are doing a Father/Daughter campout...Madison is thrilled.
so fun!!
Dylan does look quite exhausted! You should have taken a picture of Dave too. :) I think it's just great that dad's get these opportunities! Mom's and daughter's love these events!
Grandma Sue
Yes, Father and Sons campout is much anticipated at our house, too! But, like your poor hubby, mine usually doesn't get a great night's sleep either . . . !
Post a Comment