| I have become my Mother. Last week, I told Madeline she needed to clean her room. And after like three hours, seriously, of whining about it, she all the sudden announced she was done. I went up to check it, of course, and it looked great!....Until I looked inside her closet. She had just stuffed everything she needed to clean, in it. So what did I do? What my mom, and probably most parents would do. Threw all the stuff she should have cleaned up, into the middle of the room. She was crying and all that drama, when she saw I had figured out what she had done, and was still going to make her clean her room. I remember when my sister Nicole and I were younger, every Saturday we had to clean, dust and vacuum our rooms. And we also knew if we finished too quickly, then Mommy Dear would be up to check things out. And her "checking things out" was literally dumping drawers into the middle of the floor if it wasn't clean and organized. So, Nicole and I wised up, and just hurried and cleaned our rooms, and then if not enough time had passed, we would quietly sit and read or such, so mom would think we were "cleaning" the whole time.:) Madeline will no doubt figure out that trick next.:) |
6 comments:
ha ha ha Let me know when Dylan figures it out. Tucker sure hasn't. He likes it best when I cut off the crust then he doesn't have to go digging in there. We miss you guys!!
That is tooooo funny! We sure miss those cute, silly kids of yours.
OMSI is so fun! It's a huge science museum in Portland - you should definitely check it out if you have a chance... and if you are headed to Portland I can give you more fun places to hit up too!
Seriously, I think Madeline and Emma could be sisters...well, they have the same problem cleaning their room...I felt like I was reading my own blog post. Haha.
I was obsessed with cleaning while growing up. I would take my little tv in the bathroom and spend hours cleanly it. I wish I still had time to do things like that. Cleaning is so satisfying to me. You wouldn't be able to guess by seeing our house.
OH MY GOSH! LUCY is a twiner to Dylan when she eats toast everyday!!!
I am so amazed that she can do that well making her bed and cleaning up her room! Can I hire her to give my kids some lessons?
Alyssa
Post a Comment