Sunday, November 07, 2010

Halloween at the Harker's

We had a great time this Halloween! A few days before the big event, our good friends, The Johnson's, came and stayed with us for the weekend (pictures of that coming soon...). And the Friday before Halloween we all headed to a party thrown by some friends from our church, The Cobb's. It was a Cobb-web party. Cute, huh? It was incredible!



They really went all out with the decorations, games, and food. It was a costume party, and it was kind of required to dress up, so even Dave and I got into it this year.:)

For one of the games, the kids had to stick their faces in whipped cream and fish out gummy worms. Dylan tried it out first, with no success. Then Scott tried it, with no success either. Finally Madeline did get one out, but then quit before finding the other two. I guess they only like getting all messy when it isn't allowed and encouraged...:)


The next night, Halloween Eve, was our church's family Halloween party. Here are the kids before that. Buzz Lightyear, a Cowgirl (I convinced her of that one by telling her she could bring her horse pillow pet around everywhere), and, of course, Anakin Skywalker (does that boy talk or think of anything else?).


And yes, here is a picture with the parents. I am a rodeo girl (Madeline is holding my stick horse prop, which, incidentally, she was begging to use instead of her pillow pet. But I thought it would look a little too silly if I carried around her pillow pet rather then the horse on the stick...). And Dave is a Rocker, complete with toy guitar, studded wrist band, and long crazy hair.
After this night, he did inform me he never wants long hair since it was getting in the way and into his food all night. Whew. What a relief he gave up on that dream:) We hope everyone had a great Halloween this year too!:)

6 comments:

Kim said...

I was wondering what you all would be for Halloween. Thanks for sharing your pics!

Anonymous said...

Leave it to Madeline to capture a gummy worm! Loved the costumes! Especially Dave as a "rock star".You make a pretty cute cowgirl, Melissa. Maybe you guys should move on a farm. :)

Kelli said...

cute costumes! Love Dave's "hair"! And you are looking cute and skinny as always! :)

Julie said...

Fun costumes! Cute kiddos :)

Merkley Jiating said...

I thought Dave was a woman when we saw him driving into the church parking lot for the trunk or treat. It was awesome. We weren't able to see the whole costume though.

Sam came home the other day and said, "So I heard you got picked up on last night." And I had completely forgotten about what happened on my way to your apartment. That was an awkwardly hilarious moment.

Cece Girl said...

You guys are too cute! Can't wait to have you on the right side of the US soon! he he