So, we have been here now for three weeks, and what they say is true. It rains alot here in Seattle.:) Scott informed me the other day, that it rains alot here because it is so green. His logic is backwards, but he has the idea. We have loved our time here, but sometimes the kids get a little antsy not being able to go out to a playground. They find ways to entertain themselves, which can be good or bad.

The other day, I walked in our closet and found them cleaning all my shoes with Dylan's wipes.:)

Over Memorial Weekend, we went with some friends here to the Seattle Children's Museum. The kids had fun, and since we finally did something really fun for the kids, Dylan has stopped asking if we are ever going to get to Seattle.:)

Madeline of course loved the dancing and music room. The workers there commented to us what a great little dancer she is. Maybe after we are done with Grad school, we can get her into a dance class. She would love it.

They got to make things from clay.

Our future firemen.

They had a little grocery store for the kids to play in.

The boys built some things too. It was a fun museum, but not quite on the same caliber as The Strong Play Museum in Rochester. I don't think that one can ever be topped.:) And no we get no money from them for all our endorsements.:)

Outside the Museum was a little place that sold Beingets. Remember those from
this post from our Disneyland trip? While here is a picture of them. They didn't put anywhere near enough powdered sugar on them as the originals in New Orleans. They were pretty good though.

On Memorial Day we went to Pike's Market which, in case you have never heard of it, is a famous farmer's market here in Seattle. Must see thing to do if you are in the area. This fish above was set up as a prank by where they sold the fish. They try to get people to come over to this fish and touch it, or just get close to it, and then a guy behind the cart pulls on a string or something that is attached to the fish, making it jump out at you. Scott went over to it and it made him jump a mile. Plenty of people fell for it, and it was quite entertaining to watch.:)

One of the things they are known for at The Market, is their fish. Specifically, their fish throwing. It is quite entertaining to watch the guys (fish monger's?) throw the big fish around when someone buys something. Almost makes you want to buy one, if only they were not so huge!

They had SOOO many flowers for such reasonable prices. They were gorgeous.

Outside Pike's Market. After strolling around The Market, we walked around downtown a little, before heading home.

One our way to our car, We had to buy some flowers to take home. This was one of the smallest and cheapest bunches of flowers. I couldn't believe how much you got for the price.
Later that day we went to a dinner at Dave's co worker's house. It was nice that Dave got a three day weekend, to fit in some fun things around Seattle. We really do love the area here, and the ward we are in. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. And they have lot of families our age here as well, so I have loved getting together for playgroups and things still. We are crossing our fingers that is starts to warm up here for the summer!:)
13 comments:
It looks like a good time. I love children's museums. I have seen that market on tv and have always wanted to go to it.
What a cool farmer's market! It looks like you guys are having a good time.
We don't have a problem with it warming up for the summer here. As I type this it is 99° outside. Crazy huh! It's almost seven o'clock in the evening!
I can hardly look at your pictures because I want to be there with you so bad!!! IT LOOKS LIKE FUN!!
What cute kids! Love all the fun things you guys are doing!
I love that your daughter's shopping cart looks like mine! Too cute. I'm glad you are getting out and about even through the rain. I have been to Seattle a couple of times but never to the market! Fun!
Beautiful flowers! I've head the fresh fish is good, even if you don't like fish.
The flowers are beautiful!
Looks like fun!
Miss you guys!
Looks like you're settled and having a good time. It can't rain there more than Ithaca...can it? Miss you guys!
Awesome fun. I miss the NW and even my family has been complaining about the rain so I think it's been rainier than usual...
I wish my kids would do "mischevious" things like cleaning my shoes! Your kids are welcome here anytime. The children's museum looked great and I'm so jealous of the fish market! It would be so much fun to go get fresh fish (and flowers) anytime!B
Welcome to Seattle! It really doesn't rain here as much as people say it does. Usually it is sunny at this time of the year. Like Bridget said, it is raining more than usual right now in the NW.
Wait, so you're telling me it is green because it rains so much? I don't believe it!
Our ward in Allentown had a Memorial Day picnic. We most definitely did NOT drive back to Ithaca. We are planning on going back for the Hill Cumorah Pageant though.
Iron Man 2 was pretty good. You should go see it! My 13 year old brother liked it, too. I cannot believe it was sold out 3 weeks after it was released! Seattle is crazy!
Looks like you are hitting some of the best spots in Seattle! So fun!
Tell the kids that Aunt Kim would love to have them come visit her and clean all her shoes!! Also, I went to Target this afternoon and had some popcorn and a drink in your honor. I love you all!!!!
Post a Comment