Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Oregon

This past weekend we drove down to Oregon to meet Dave's brother and his family, who were vacationing there. Our kids we so excited to see their cousins, and Dave and I were equally excited to visit with John and Laurel.:) This was our first time to see Oregon, and their beaches.



We met them at a coastal beach town called Seaside. Through all the rainy days we have had this past month, we lucked out and it was sunny and nice the day we went to the beach! They kids loved it and were excited to play at the beach again.:)


Here are the kids making "sand" angels. And I wonder why they were completely COVERED in sand when we left? I think we took half the beach with us when we left.





Dylan and his older cousin Drew. They are such cute little pals. I am sure Dylan was excited to play with a little boy his own age again.:) I think these two will always be good buddies.


The next day we went to the Portland Children's Museum. The kids headed to the water exhibit first thing, even though it was pouring buckets outside. I guess they didn't get wet enough running into the building.
Madeline liked this alligator dentist chair.



Dylan, not so much.


The kids served us a pretend lunch at the kids cafe play area for quite awhile.


Madeline was is heaven when she saw this face painting area. Now she could put "makeup" on like mommy. Disclaimer- I may not have the best makeup routine, but I definitely DON'T use green and red all over my face.:) I forgot to take a picture of Madeline at the end of the day, but, believe me, she had covered her face with red and green and black... you get the picture. She even got it in her hair. Then she wanted it washed off, which was pretty impossible in a public bathroom. Luckily another mom in the bathroom assured me that it would come off after a good scrubbing. Which was good considering....

Scott was not to be left out of the fun either. After being fully reassured that this wasn't actual "makeup", he wanted to be all green like Yoda. Which is what he is pretending to be in the above picture. So on the way home, Scott was still a little green and Madeline was still a little red.:)
Thanks for making a family trip to Oregon, John and Laurel! We had fun seeing you guys, and can't wait to do it again. Any other friends that make it up this way, feel free to call us so we can see you too!:)

7 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

Is Drew wearing a sweatshirt on the beach? I had heard Oregon was having crazy weather but that seems extreme! It looks like so much fun though!

Good point on my "freaking out" post. There is much more to freak out about these days. I feel very validated.

Bridget said...

Melissa, I LOVED these pictures! I spent so much time in Seaside over the years and Jeremy and I went on our honeymoon there. And Portland Children's Museum - I loved that place when I was a kid (in its old building) and my kids love it, too. I'm so glad you took a trip to Oregon!

Burke family said...

Oh Melissa, you are making us jealous! We love Oregon! Seaside, the childrens museum, and so much more... so many good memories. I'm glad you had great weather and loved it too!

Roo said...

I love all the pictures. Oregon seems like a great place to vacation!! You need to look up Diners drive ins and dives and it up the west coast while we do the south!!!

Jake said...

That beach looks amazing. I think we live near the wrong ocean. So glad you're having so much fun! B

Heather said...

You do the funnest things. My kids would have loved this.

Julia said...

Cute photos! Looks like your kiddos had a great time!