Well, we made it back to Ithaca after our month long vacation (Dave had a month off from school this
Christmas!) to Utah and California. And as much as we loved visiting all our family in CA and UT, and enjoying the beautiful CA sunshine and warmth (especially me), it is good to be home.:) There really is no place like home. I had such good intentions of posting about our trip as we were there, but as you can see, it didn't happen. I will catch up on our vacation at a later date, not feeling up to it yet.
But one thing that happened while we were gone, is Dylan decided to climb out of the pack n play he was sleeping in. So this made things a little more interesting, with him being able to get out of bed whenever he wanted. We were not quite ready for that step yet. So we made do while on vacation and
layed down by him each night and nap time so he would stay in his bed, until he fell asleep. Needless to say, we did not want this to become a permanent habit. I was hoping that when we did get home again, his crib sides would be higher then the pack n play, and he would not be able to climb out. Unfortunately, that was not the case. He climbed out, and fell, but didn't really get hurt. So out came the toddler bed.


As you can see, he was really quite excited to move into his "big boy" bed. That is until it was actually time to go to sleep. Then he didn't want anything to do with it. But after some coaxing (on our part) and crying (on his part), he eventually climbed up in his bed and fell asleep. Hopefully he adjusts to his new bed quickly. Then Scott and Dylan can share a room and Madeline will have her own room again.

Another thing Dylan has decided he no longer wants, is to sit in his high chair. So he has moved into a "big boy" booster seat at the table. Luckily, this booster seat still buckles him in, so he can't be getting out and running around all the time when he should be eating. Next thing, he'll be wanting to use is the potty. But I would actually be fine with that one.:) I can't believe my baby is getting so big!
8 comments:
We're so glad that you came! We had some catching up to do! I love Dylan's big boy bed. He looks so excited about it! Love you guys!
Don't you hate them growing up? I wish Taryn would stop. He is sooooo cute though.
Wow Dylan! I've been wondering when it would be time to put Eli in a big boy bed. I don't think either one of us is quite ready for that yet. We have been trying to get him to use the potty but that is mostly because his little sister will be born in a month.
What a cutie he is!! Thank goodness they like to grow up or we'd be stuck with permanent babies! :)
If it makes you feel better, we've been back since the 7th and I have not really felt up to posting everything yet. I just know it's going to take a while with so many pictures I want to post.
Allison also learned to climb out of the pack and play on vacation. A few naps took may times of putting her back down, but then she'd finally stay. She, luckily, didn't get out of her bed in the mornings, until she'd see that we were awake.
She also actually climbed out of her crib twice before going out of town. Then it took her 2 weeks before she climbed out of the pack and play. Since getting home she has not tried getting out of the crib yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because I really don't think her discipline is at the level of staying in a bed yet. But will hopefully be in a couple months, when the crib will be the babies.
Now the potty thing on the other had. She's driving me crazy. Makes me take her potty about ten times a day, but still uses her diaper a lot too. She always wants to go potty, but it's much easier to just change her diaper when I choose, rather than help her with everything in the bathroom, instantly when she wants to go potty and will help herself if I don't come immediately. I wish she'd show a little less interest for a few more months, then we could tackle that one. She also doesn't want help getting dressed and wants to do it herself. Usually putting things on upside-down, backwards, or giving up after getting the pants on wrong for 10 minutes and runs around pant-less.She a pretty determined and independent little girl who thinks she's WAY older than she is.
Glad that Dylan's bed transition is going well. I'm pretty nervous about that one.
Yay for big boy beds! It's hard to see them grow so fast, but fun to see the new stages.
Uh oh! Now the fun really begins, huH?! Glad you guys had a good vacation with family, and glad you're back so we can all start playing together again. :)
What adoeable pictures of the kids! Grandma Sue
Post a Comment