Monday, December 07, 2009

Charles Dickens Festival

This past weekend we went with a group of friends up to a little town called Skaneateles. Each year between Thanksgiving and New Year's or so, they put on a Charles Dickens Festival on the weekends. This was the first year we were able to go, and it was so much fun! We loved it. We arrived there just as they were doing a sing-along with the Dickens character's.


Boy, am I glad I brought all warm things to bundle the kids and I up in. It was cold, being outside the entire time! I think Dave was a little cold though.:( Next year I will have to pack a bag for him as well.:)


Some of the performers, along with Father Christmas.


After the sing-along, we went and got some free hot chocolate, and visited with Father Christmas. When asked what they wanted for Christmas this year, Scott said some Star War's Lego's, and Madeline wanted some Strawberry Shortcake Makeup. Great, she is a teenager already.
After seeing Father Christmas, we saw a magic show. It was really pretty good. Scott and Madeline are finally at the age where they are fully entertained watching shows like that. It's wonderful!:)


Here is a picture of most of the people we went up with, minus the girl taking the picture, and another family. I had to laugh at all our strollers we were pushing around.:)

Here are some of the Dickens Character's reading from the Christmas Carol. It was a fun experience to see them. And to top it all off, while watching them, it started to lightly snow. The entire scene around us was so Christmasy! It was amazing, and definitely put us in a holiday mood.



As we were walking the streets downtown, we ran into Scrooge, and he gave the kids a coupon for some free cookies. Quite generous, from Mr. "Bah, Humbug" himself. Luckily, we will be here one more fall, and into the Christmas season, because I definitely want to come up here again next year!



5 comments:

Julia said...

That looks like so much fun! Merry Christmas guys! P&J

The Johnsons said...

YOu got some great pictures. I will probably steal some from your blog :) And by the way our fall pictures were around Bebe lake. I LOVE going there. We can go in the spring

Klare said...

That's so cool!

Susan Andrus said...

Well, at least I got to enjoy a little bit of the Dickens Village through your photos. I really enjoyed them. Father Christmas looks great. I love the berry wreath on his cap. Cute coat, Melissa! It does look cold but you are all prepared. Sorry Dave. Maybe next time.
Can't wait for Christmas. I'm really into the season this year!
Grandma Sue

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks so fun. How far from your house? Wish you could bring some of the fun here with you. Of course, you will bring what is most important - all of you. Mom