Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Maritime Aquarium

Yesterday we decided to head to Norwalk, CT and go to the Maritime Aquarium. Evidently, all the animals they have here can be found on the Long Island Sound.


We got there just as they were about to feed the seals for the first time that day.


Even though you can't really see the kids, I had to put this picture in. When Scott and Madeline were about 1 1/2 yrs old, we went to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. Madeline loved to touch the sting rays at that age and still was interested in it now. I wish I had my picture of that back then so I could post it here too, but it is on our computer in NY, not on Dave's laptop that we have in CT.

Lionfish



Dylan was quite interested in the Boa snake. I am just glad it was behind glass!


This is kind of funny. I was trying to take a picture of the kids with this African Penguin when a train came by on the tracks right by the Aquarium. All the kids were more interested in seeing the train then the Penguin!



Isn't this turtle HUGE?



These different colored frogs were interesting. I don't remember seeing frogs that were bright yellow and blue before! All in all, we had a fun time. And we have now been to see aquariums on both the Pacific Ocean and the Altantic Ocean! Pretty cool!





3 comments:

Klare said...

What fun! And oh my gosh! That turtle is real!?! It huge!!!!

The Johnsons said...

Where's a picture of Dave in his new super hero shirt?? I'll check back in a few days :)

I showed Lucy this last post. She misses you all. She often tells me "I want to go to New York and see my friends." aka Scott and Madeline.

And...
we went to a music in the park performance last week. We were dancing up a storm but the kids lost their attention every time a plane went by. 25 planes must have gone by but they paused and awed at every one. What is it with planes and trains??

Trina said...

Never seen a lion-fish. They're kind of creepy!