Sunday, June 07, 2009

Summer in Connecticut


This summer we are in Stamford, Connecticut for Dave's summer internship. He is doing an internship in organizational development for a company called Pitney Bowes. (http://www.pb.com/) We have been here for about a week, and we have enjoyed it so far. Dave is enjoying working again and being able to apply what he has learned in school this past year. Madeline and Scott seem to like it here, but Scott has informed me that he does want to move back to Ithaca after the summer so he can be by all his friends again.:) Madeline just goes with the flow for the most part. She did ask last week where daddy worked now, and after telling her, she asked if daddy would make her some "bows". We were a little confused at first, but after a moment we laughed and informed her that daddy didn't make "bows" at work.:) It is so interesting what goes through kids minds sometimes!


The condo we are staying in for the summer is a few minutes walk to the coast and a beach called Cove Island Park. This is the way I go walking with the kids in the morning to enjoy the views, to get some exercise, and there is also a little park for the kids to play at afterwards. I love seeing all the boats docked here.



Cove Island Park




This is what Dylan spent most of his time doing, the first few days in our condo.:) I didn't get much else done around our place at first, but now he has become quite good at going up and down the stairs. And the novelty has worn off too, thank goodness!



This weekend we also took a drive along the Connecticut coastline to New Haven where Yale University is located. We enjoying getting out and walking around the campus. Incidentally, as you might be able to tell from the picture, I accidently wore my Cornell shirt. Luckily, no one jumped or attacked us:) but I did get a comment or two about it.:) LOL.



Connecticut really is a beautiful state from what we have seen so far. We are excited to be able to explore the surrounding area this summer, and visiting more of NYC since it is only about 45 minutes away as well.





4 comments:

Terresa Tew said...

Melissa- Life looks great out in the east! Your kids are so cute. Does my mom know that you have not just one red head but two? She would not think that was fair! Last summer we were out in Palmyra and it was so neat to see all the church history sites. It left not only a big impression on me but also on my girls and Mark. I would love to see more church history sites. What a cool place you are living with such rich US and church history!! Lucky you guys.

The Johnsons said...

How awesome to have the waterfront in walking distance! And 45 mins. from NYC is perfect when trying to experience it with children. My friend is getting married in NYC this summer do you want to go for me :)

The Piepers said...

I bet you will love CT for the summer! I know it's gorgeous there. I hear that Stamford is a great place, too. And I bet you could find berry picking, you just might have to drive a little bit. :) It's worth the drive!!

Heather said...

How long is Dave in school? Is it just a two year program? If so, then you are half way done and that is great. Where do you guys want to end up? I love it back east, its just so dang green and pretty. i get to go with Anthony to Germany this July and I am so excited.