This past week my parents have come for a visit and to see the sights of the east coast. After staying a few days in New York City, they came up to CT to stay with us. We did venture back down to NYC to see a few more sights with them though.

Here is Dylan, Grandpa Richard, Scott, and Dave watching the seals show. Grandpa Richard has won over yet another red headed Harker boy as his best buddy. Dylan knows he can just say Grandpa, and get just about whatever he wants.:):)


Ready for a day of sightseeing in NYC.

Dylan just wanted to run around the entire zoo waving hello to everyone.

I really liked seeing the polar bears.


Scott just HAD to get this Spiderman balloon, then of course we had to carry it around the rest of the day...

Then Madeline had to have Dora...

This is at the beginning of our trek across the Brooklyn Bridge. They kids handled the walk surprisingly well considering we had already walked a good distance to get there. We are still figuring out the subway system, and got off the subway a little distance from the start of the bridge walk. We ended up walking through Chinatown, a memorable experience...especially for our noses.:)

After walking across the Brooklyn Bridge, we just had to go eat at Grimaldi's for the first time. It really is the best pizza in NYC, from our experience. This was the line we had to wait in to get in. It took us (and by "us" I mean Dave and Grandpa Richard while my mom and the kids and I sat down near by) a little over an hour. And about half way through, it started pooring rain! It didn't shrink the line one bit. Those who didn't have umbrellas just got wet and waited it out. The pizza is worth the wait though.

Our version of "waiting" in line.

Yummy, yummy pizza! We would wait in line again in a heartbeat!
5 comments:
looks like you guys are having so much fun exploring! the pizza is the best...we got lucky when we went - there was no line, but immediately after we were seated the line was down the block. when do you guys head back to ithaca?
I can't get enough of Dylan's red hair. I forgot how very red it is. So cute! Miss you guys. You can come back anytime now!
Ummmm, I must be hungry because that pizza looks really good!! Cute pictures! Looks like a ton of fun!
Your little red heads are precious and your little girl has one of my all time favorite names! ;) Grimaldi's pizza=amazing! Steven and I had it back in April while visiting my brother in NYC. Always worth the wait!
I crave that pizza all the time. It was the best! The sad part is that I might never have it again. I loved New York!
Grandma Sue
Post a Comment