Saturday, February 21, 2009

Taughannock Falls

Well, the weather finally got above freezing this past week, and the snow started to melt! Yay! We took advantage of the "nice" weather and did some sightseeing. We had still never seen some of the falls around here, so we decided to go see Taughannock Falls.


There were actaully quite a few people with the same thought as well, and there was a group of people there. It was still quite cold though.

We drove down to the base of the falls and Dave got out and took some more pictures. The kids and I stayed in the car that time, because we were cold and it was really icy where you had to walk to see the falls. Dave said there were these big chunks of ice on the side of the creek.






It was cool to see the falls and all the ice. We look forward to warmer temperatures where we can hike up close to the falls (they close the path in the winter), and really see the falls after the snow melt!



4 comments:

HotelCaliFarnsworth said...

Are you allowed to swim there when it's warm? if so, that'd be killer....it looks so beautiful!!

Trina said...

Thanks for sharing. Now I can say I've seen it in the winter and wait till it warms up to go in person.

Cece Girl said...

Beautiful...but looks SOOOO cold! You are brave!

The Johnsons said...

Look at me, I am daring to comment :)! Even though I will probably see you tonight, tomorrow morning and again in the afternoon, I'll say...Yeah, a Saturday for you that actually seemed like a Saturday!