Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! This year I decided to make sugar cookies and let Scott and Madeline help decorate them. They have never done this before, probably since the last time I made sugar cookies they were too little to help without making a HUGE mess. Anyway, we invited some friends over to help us!


The little boys were very interested in what was going on at the table, especially Dylan. He circled the table like a little puppy waiting for any scraps to fall!:) He was very happy to finally try one.




The icing on that cookie is actually pink, but since Scott would dump so many red sprinkles on it, it looks red! (We used an entire, brand new sprinkles container just for these cookies!)





They had alot of fun! And have definately eaten too many sweets this Valentines Day!




5 comments:

Klare said...

How fun. My kids are older and I still can't find the energy to do cookies with them. Plus it doesn't help that I don't care to bake and cook. My poor kids. ;)

Nicole said...

Looks like fun! I wish we could have been there. I do mish my English speaking friends! We didn't do much that was Valentiny this year, which is regretful. I love holidays even the silly ones! We did however, visit a way cool turquiose pond in the Mexican desert!!

Heather said...

So much fun! I love making sugar cookies for Valentines day! You kids are so adorable.

Julia said...

Hi Dave! Happy Valentine's day! It's nice to see photos of your kids. Parece que todos tienen algo de tu cara ensigo. Looks like you're having lots of fun!
tu companero de los dias madrilenos,
Paul (Elder Hunter)

Welsch Family said...

So, we live really close to where you guys used to live. Your old park is our closest park. Walking distance to our house!