Monday, April 09, 2012

March 2012

To start off our March, we celebrated Dylan's 4th birthday.  He's killing me here, getting older every year. I wanted to make his birthday special for him, so I spent the whole day doing things Dylan loves.  After walking the kids to school, Dylan and I headed over to Bellevue Square Mall to play at their play area that Dylan loves.  Next, we got a yogurt at a yummy self serve place inside the mall.  After that, I took him to the Disney store where he picked out a baby turtle stuffed animal, named Squirt, from Finding Nemo. He loves turtles and loves green.  Then, we headed over to have lunch with Daddy on Microsoft campus.  A little bit after we came home, we went and got Scott and Madeline from school again, and I let all the kids play on the playgroup there for a while.  Then, we went and picked Dave up from work a little early, and headed over to play games at Chuck E Cheese (or as Dylan calls it, Chuck E Cheeze-It, haha). 

After playing games at Chuck E Cheese, Dylan picked (much to mommy and daddy's delight...haha,...do your sense the sarcasm here) to eat dinner at McDonald's. Mommy and Daddy ate elsewhere on the way home.:):)  Whew!  Four different play areas in 1 day! Pretty fun day for a 4 year old!

Then, we headed home to open presents and blow out candles.

Due to poor planning on my part, we didn't have cake for his birthday, but brownies.  Earlier that week, I had made some Lemon Buttermilk cupcakes, so by the time his birthday came around, we were not in the mood for cupcakes, so went with brownies instead.:)

Growing up, we had a family tradition on our birthday where we got to pick one kind of cereal we wanted, which was about the only time we got to have sugar cereal.  So I have kept that up with my kids, and Dylan wanted to try Fruity Pebbles.  The morning after his birthday while I was getting ready, I came down to find he had helped himself to some, and made a mess while doing it.:) 

Also, one day this past month the kids thought it would be fun to form a band.  They sat and played music together while shouting, "I am a Rock Star, yeah!"  They will be selling out venues near you soon!:):)

1 comment:

Susan Andrus said...

Looks like Dylan had a great time on his birthday!Also love the band. It is now my wallpaper.