Friday, September 30, 2011

The twins turn 7!

Today is Scott and Madeline's 7th birthday.  My babies are growing up too fast.:) 
For a while, I have been trying to decide what do to about them having parties on their birthday.  When they turned 5, I let them have a combined party, since it was the first party for them both.  But this year, I wanted to start the tradition that they could maybe have a party every other year and rotate.  But the dilemma remained with who to start with.  And how to break the news to the one who wouldn't get the party?!  So, I started laying some ground work, by telling the kids that we were going to start alternating years they could have a party.  Lucky for me, Scott announced that if he could just have one of his good friends over to play with his toys after his birthday, that Madeline could have a party this year.  Whew!  That went ALOT easier then I though it would.:)  So, I moved on to planning a party for Madeline, and we decided to do a Carnival Theme.

These were the cupcake "balloons".:)  I got this idea from the Family Fun website, and I really liked how easy they were, and I thought they turned out pretty cute.:)  We had the party right after school, so I also included some healthy kids snacks, like popcorn, fruit and veggies.  You have to have popcorn at the carnival, right?!

We played a few carnival games too. This one is pretty easy to figure out.  I took all the pictures of the games before all the girls arrived.:)

We used Scott's Nerf gun to shoot suction targets at the white board, and hit the Bull's Eye.

This one is hard to see, but on the floor is a board I taped lots of little cups onto.  The girls had to throw little ping pong balls into the cups to get the candy prize inside the cup.  We played one more game, where we had ping pong balls on top of root beer bottles, and the girl's had to squirt the balls off with a squirt bottle.  Didn't take a good picture of that because it was raining off and on this afternoon.  Luckily, it stopped during the party.:)

Madeline's party friends:)

Scott and Madeline each blew out seven candles on their cupcakes.:)

No birthday would be complete, at least in this guy's opinion, without some kind of Star Wars toy.:)

Madeline loves jewelry! Uh oh!

And her big box of Disney puzzles

Scott was so excited to get some more Lincoln Logs, and the REAL ones this time!(Last Christmas we got him a cheaper brand, and they were not as good as these ones.:)

And as our family heard this summer, Madeline has been wanting these little pom poms she had seen at the grocery store one day, for the last three months probably.:) And tomorrow they are excited to head off to Target and get more toys with the money they got for their birthdays.:)  Birthday parties are soo much fun, and oh so tiring for the mommy, and daddy....:) I sure love these kids, and that is what makes it all worth it.:)

7 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like tons of fun!!! I wish I could have been their to help you celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Yay , Happy Birthday Scott and Madeline! I still can't believe you had twins..so cute to see them as babies!

Roo said...

Happy Birthday. And what a heck of a party. Good job Melissa!

Annalisa and Jacob said...

Donya said that was the BEST party ever!! Very creative!

Merkley Jiating said...

I love the cupcake balloons! The party looks like so much fun! Next year is a big one! Your kids are getting so big!

Heather said...

They are so big. Just think, next year they will be getting baptized. Crazy!!!! Great party by the way.

SammiLee said...

So fun! I love the carnival theme. Your kids are getting so big!!! I absolutely cannot wait to see you and your family at Thanksgiving!