As many know, I celebrated my 32nd birthday a week ago. The day was spent driving the rest of the 9 hours (one way total is about 12+ hours, not including stops...) in the car, home from UT...But we had a fun time (although we only had like 72 hours there), and it was worth it.:) A post about our trip soon to come. Needless to say, we officially celebrated my day the next two days. Dave took the kids to get me a present and what did they come home with? The above picture was your hint. The complete series of "I Love Lucy"!!!!! Which is probably about the most perfect gift for me. I LOVE "I Love Lucy" and have ever since I was little.:) And I have gotten in the habit of putting on a movie on the TV in our room (we don't have cable TV coming through it, so we can only watch movies) when I fold laundry or other such stuff. Let me tell you, I now look FORWARD to folding all the piles of laundry. And the kids love to come up and watch it as well. Although, Scott thinks it is a little weird it is all in black and white. I am sooo glad it has not been redone in color.:) Nothing gets me laughing harder then watching Lucy. I would never have bought the whole series for myself, but I have to admit I am sooo excited to have it. So if you haven't seen an episode of "I Love Lucy" or it has been a while, do yourself a favor and watch one. I would give you a favorite episode to watch, but there are just too many to name. So many favorites.:)
Happy 11th Birthday, Declan!
2 years ago

4 comments:
As soon as I saw "I Love Lucy" posted I knew that you must have gotten the series for your birthday! You have wanted it for so long and it is the perfect gift for you. That and all "The Family Circus" books. You loved those too as a child. Every Book Fair. I can't wait to watch Lucy with you when we come to visit. That's one movie I will watch on TV. :) Mom
How fun! I think that defines the perfect gift--something you love but would never buy for yourself. Enjoy!
I will look it up right now and see if Kurt and I can watch one tonight!
I really did think of your birthday. It was admittedly after your birthday but not this far after. I think it woke me up in the middle of the night...and I should have just done something about it then. Sorry I missed you. Hope you had a good one. You are a very beautiful 32!
I love it! I love "I love Lucy" too. I used to watch in on nick at night all the time. Ha ha. How fun! Wish I was there to watch with you! Sounds fun. Happy birthday!!!
Post a Comment