Thursday, March 17, 2011

Just had to share this...

This past Sunday in one of our church meetings (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints), they shared this video.  Now, I have never before shared a video like this on our blog, but this has been on my mind so much this week that I just have to share it.  Please take the time to listen to it; it is only a few minutes long.

I have a history with the story of The Ugly Duckling. When I was a little girl and heard this story for the first time, I hated it.  And have always hated it.  Even now, I don't know if I can read this story without crying.  As a small child, I felt so badly for that ugly duckling, and so angry at the other ducks for making fun of him. When Pres. Uchtdorf first started telling this story in the above message, I had a hard time keeping it together.  Which is saying alot for me, because I don't really consider myself a crier, at least in a public setting.  I am too easily embarrassed having others know how I feel at times.  But sometimes you just can't hold it in, and when I saw this message, this was one of those times. Now that I am older, I hurt to think that any of my friends, family or children could ever think of themselves as "ugly ducklings". So whenever life gets you down, please listen to this message and remember how wonderful each of us are in the eyes of our Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

Merkley Jiating said...

I hadn't seen that video before. That is a really good one.

Becky said...

Funny how stories affect us based on our life experiences. I can think of a couple of stories I've never liked but Ugly Duckling is not one I really felt too strongly about. I love how President Uchtdorf tells this, though.