Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Politely Rejected

Dylan is a pretty good natured little guy, but that said, he is not afraid to speak his mind. One kind of humorous way he expresses his opinion is when he doesn't like something, or want you to do something. He is very polite about the whole thing. Almost every time I put him on the potty to do his business, he promptly tell me, "Mommy, please go." I guess I can't blame him for wanting privacy.:) And he did say Please.
This Christmas, when we were getting ready to leave after visiting my family, he gladly gave Grandma a hug, but just as promptly pushed her away and said "Please leave now." He really does love you Grandma! And he rejects me daily, if that is any consolation.

One recent example of this is during nap/sleep time. In the past he has always slept with his stuffed bear and his Winnie the Pooh. Lately, his feeling for them are a little fickle. Most of the time when I put them by him he says, "I don't want to sleep with them." And when I go to put them on the floor he says "No, please put them in the closet. And please shut the door." So, sorry for your exile to the dark closet stuffed bear and Winnie the Pooh! But he DID say please...:)

4 comments:

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

I think Dylan is so cute! He looks like what I imagine (and have witnessed from photographs) little Steven looked like. Ahhh - I want a little red head boy so bad!

The Harker's said...

You could get one Wendy! Part of the reason Dylan has his red hair is in Steven's gene's too.:):) Now I am going to be really picky and want a red headed girl next...:)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was quite crushed when Dylan asked me to "Please leave now." But to say that to his stuffed toys ?????? I feel so much better. Dylan, grandma Sue loves you! :-)

Julie said...

Ha ha ha!! That is so funny!! For some reason everytime we see our neighbors across the hall they say "hi Tucker" and he just goes, "bye." ha ha. I feel kinda bad, maybe I should tell him to at least say please bye.