Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Feeling the Love...:)

We're in the spirit of the season this Valentine's Day!



I decided to finally have Scott and Madeline handmake all their Valentines for their class this year (all 44 of them, combined). I have wanted them to do this every year, but always run out of time and end up just buying them from the store....:) A week ago we got online and found some cute Valentine ideas. I let the kids each pick the one they wanted to do. Scott wanted to do this one from the Family Fun Website since it wasn't "too girly". And Madeline chose this one. Both looked relatively easy, which I was happy with. For the Butterfly body in Madeline's, I ran over to See's Candy to get some of their Candy Sticks, only to find out they stopped making them 6 years ago....oops! And I coud find some online, but shipping was as much as the sticks, and I didn't want 80 of them. So we just used Smarties.:) They kids had alot of fun making them.


And while they were making their Valentines, I was making some of my own.:) I found this recipe on Our Best Bites, and thought I would give it a try. I put the apple filling in these little pies. They turned out pretty good! Next time, I might need to try something with some chocolate in it.:) So what websites do you like to look at throughout the day? I'd love to hear about some more good ones!

6 comments:

HotelCaliFarnsworth said...

Well, super fun! I am just getting ready to help make 100 valentines for my 3 kiddos! LOL! I love to look at www.bakerella.com for holiday goody ideas. I look at http://moneysavingmom.com/, and www.girlydohairstyles.com, and www.babesinhairland.com/ almost daily! LOL!

Anonymous said...

What great valentine ideas! I'm sure the kids had so much fun making them. The smarties was a "smart" idea :) and color pencils would have been fun too. I'm sure dad will be making his valentine cookies this year. Yummy but too much work for me!
Mom Sue

Roo said...

ahhh, cute. and so creative!

Becky said...

So impressed with the craftiness. I always love it when James gets homemade valentines in his bag at school--I ought to do that next year!!

Julie said...

Fun valentines!! Melissa your pastries look so yummy!! Have you ever looked at make it and love it blog? That's one of my favs to check out. I also really like bake it pretty. (We miss you!)

The Harker's said...

Hello?