After debating running off to New York City to see the Thanksgiving Day Parade for our last Thanksgiving on the east coast (but after seeing we would need to be waiting in line at 6am with three kids, nowhere near bathrooms, in freezing weather, we decided it would probably not work out the way we would want...), we decided to combine Thanksgiving dinner with our good friends the Hamilton's. And I am so glad we did. We had so much fun. Plus Amy's (or should I say Aaron's) turkey looked SOOO much better then ours (they wrapped their's in BACON!), so I quickly put my sad excuse for a turkey (in my defense, I had only bought a turkey breast I cooked in the crock pot since I thought it would just be for our family), in the fridge, and we quickly consumed theirs.:) Yum-o! And, yes the kids are acting like "Turkey's" for the above picture.:)
After our calorie gorging, what's better then going to a movie?! Well, that's what we did. We took all the kids to see Tangled together. It was such a cute movie. We are already eagerly awaiting it on video.
A few days after Thanksgiving, we had our first real snow. The kids were so excited to be able to play out in the snow before moving to Seattle (little did we know, we would get it here too...for another post).

First off, they had to just roll around in it.

Then Dylan had to try out the slide. The kids loved it! It was super slippery and when they came to the bottom and fell off, it was into a pile of snow.:)

Mommy helped them build some snowmen, but with all the leaves still under the snow, they turned out like Snow/Leaf men. Fun, nonetheless.

And of course, we had to go to the Charles Dicken's Festival for the last time, since it was so much fun last year.

A few days after that, the moving began. Sad to see everything being boxed up, but SOOO HAPPY to have professional movers do it all for us this time. A big thanks to Microsoft!:)

Luckily, we were still in town to attend our ward Christmas party. Here is Dylan with his good little friend Lucy. They ran around holding hands for a good part of the evening.:) Arn't they cute?

Here is a picture with my friends Amy and Emily. Amy and their family moved the same time we did. And can you believe Emily is like, what, 5 months pregnant in this picture or something (can't remember exactly)? Seriously tiny. When I am this far along, I look like I should be delivering in the next month or so.

Picture with my friends Roo and Amy. Words can't describe how much I miss all our friends there.

After flying out of Ithaca, we flew to WA for a day, then drove down to CA (more of this later). A few hours after getting to CA, we headed over to a neighborhood by my parents house where everyone living there goes all out with their decorations. They draw quite a crowd during the holidays. I particularly liked this poster in front of one house.:)

And my mom and I liked these cute gingerbread decorations the best.

The next day, Dave and I took off WITHOUT KIDS (thanks mom and dad) for San Diego for a couple days to celebrate our 11 yr wedding anniversary and Dave finishing Grad school. It was great. No pictures though. We went out to dinner, saw two movies (one great one , Unstoppable, and one not so great one,okay, just bad one, The Tourist). We also ventured out to Target (since we had no kids) the Saturday before Christmas to buy the majority of our Chritmas gifts. Since we were flying for the holidays, we had bought zero gifts up to that point. And it was soooo much easier to do this without the kids.
First off, they had to just roll around in it.
Then Dylan had to try out the slide. The kids loved it! It was super slippery and when they came to the bottom and fell off, it was into a pile of snow.:)
Mommy helped them build some snowmen, but with all the leaves still under the snow, they turned out like Snow/Leaf men. Fun, nonetheless.
And of course, we had to go to the Charles Dicken's Festival for the last time, since it was so much fun last year.
A few days after that, the moving began. Sad to see everything being boxed up, but SOOO HAPPY to have professional movers do it all for us this time. A big thanks to Microsoft!:)
Luckily, we were still in town to attend our ward Christmas party. Here is Dylan with his good little friend Lucy. They ran around holding hands for a good part of the evening.:) Arn't they cute?
Here is a picture with my friends Amy and Emily. Amy and their family moved the same time we did. And can you believe Emily is like, what, 5 months pregnant in this picture or something (can't remember exactly)? Seriously tiny. When I am this far along, I look like I should be delivering in the next month or so.
Picture with my friends Roo and Amy. Words can't describe how much I miss all our friends there.
After flying out of Ithaca, we flew to WA for a day, then drove down to CA (more of this later). A few hours after getting to CA, we headed over to a neighborhood by my parents house where everyone living there goes all out with their decorations. They draw quite a crowd during the holidays. I particularly liked this poster in front of one house.:)
And my mom and I liked these cute gingerbread decorations the best.
The next day, Dave and I took off WITHOUT KIDS (thanks mom and dad) for San Diego for a couple days to celebrate our 11 yr wedding anniversary and Dave finishing Grad school. It was great. No pictures though. We went out to dinner, saw two movies (one great one , Unstoppable, and one not so great one,okay, just bad one, The Tourist). We also ventured out to Target (since we had no kids) the Saturday before Christmas to buy the majority of our Chritmas gifts. Since we were flying for the holidays, we had bought zero gifts up to that point. And it was soooo much easier to do this without the kids.
After coming back from San Diego, we did another crazy thing (actually we did alot of crazy things like this that week), and met some of my cousins at the mall for lunch. Yes, we went to the mall the Monday before Christmas after all the schools had got out for the winter break.:) And this above picture of Dylan demonstates how worn down our kids were from all our moving, flying accross country, 2 day drive to CA, etc. After putting him in the stroller for about 30 seconds, he had fallen asleep. This is not typical of Dylan.:)
Well, that's all I have energy to post tonight. Next up, Christmas and then details of our begining in WA.:)
7 comments:
I'm so bummed that I didn't get to have an official goodbye with you guys! You will be missed in Ithaca!! :( can't wait to hear stories & see pictures of your new life in Seattle!!
Love all the pictures! Makes me miss you (and Amy)...come back!!!
My sister's father-in-law works for Microsoft. But I think a lot of people do so you may not ever meet him. But in case you do his name is Dale Little. Her brother-in-law, Jason Brinkle also works there. You never know, maybe they will be in your ward!
Oh how we miss the Harker family!! Glad that your trip out west went well so far!
I love your hair! Maybe you've had this haircut for a long time but this is the first I've seen it. Lovely.
You have been seriously busy but seeing the fun things you did back east makes me want to move there. Yay for professional movers. I have never had them but I hear they are wonderful.
Good catch up! Looks like your holidays were a blast. Now I want to see picture of your house! and your new life in WA
Post a Comment