Thursday, January 20, 2011

Christmas 2010- California

We finally have Internet hooked up!:) Yipee! So, continuing on with this past Christmas... A few days before Christmas, we went to Downtown Disney, right outside Disneyland. Their World of Disney store is incredible. Huge. And it has so many cool Disney toys.





This was outside a different store, but Scott, of course, had to stop for a picture. He is doing his best pirate "Aarrgg!"


Then we went in Scott's favorite store, Lego, and found Darth Vader!:)


Dylan liked the Lego Woody.



Happy Boys





Dylan got a cool little Mickey Mouse light up toy.





This is the other reason (other then the World of Disney store) for coming to Downtown Disney. When we went to Disneyland last Christmas, we discovered Downtown Disney had a Biegnet place. We had these when Dave, my mom and I went to New Orleans when I was pregnant with the twins and they are sooo good. They are airy, square-shaped donuts COVERED in powdered sugar. YUM!


On Christmas Eve, we all met at my sister Nicole's house for dinner. And we also exchanged the kids presents. Here is me holding Nicole's youngest, Megan. She is such a cutie.

On Christmas Morning, the kids got up around 7 (yeah for not being too early!) and were ready to see what Santa had brought them. The day before, Dave and the kids had tracked online where Santa currently was each hour, and right before bed we even called the Santa location line, and talked to a real live person about when Santa would get to our house. Way cool!
Here is Dylan opening his new electric toothbrush Santa brought each of the kids. He knows we need good dental hygiene!:)



Scott was so excited to get some Star Wars things! Christmas wouldn't have been complete without it.



Later that day, we headed over to my brother Chris' house for dinner. My Grandma Davis and cousin Kaitlin joined us. Kaitlin was sweet to take a turn coloring with Madeline. She has three younger sister's so I am sure she has done this before.:)



This picture made me laugh. In my Dad and brother's defense, this was after they helped cook and clean up all the dishes.:)



I was sooo glad Sarah, my brother's wife, had a gingerbread house for the kids to decorate. Scott and Madeline had wanted to do one this year, and in the craziness of moving and stuff, I had forgot to get one. Thanks for letting us decorate yours Chris and Sarah!:)


The day after Christmas, we headed over closer to the beach where Dave's brother and his family live. They have a boy just the same age as Scott and Madeline. We hadn't seen their family since moving out to go to Grad school, so we were glad we could come by for a visit. The kids loved playing with their kids, and dog, after they realized how nice he was. I love this picture. The kids all got in the dog's cage, and then when he wanted to get in, there was no more room.:) Sorry, doggy!
We had a great Christmas, but we were sad we had to cut our Utah trip out so we could head back to WA to find a place to live. Hopefully we will get to UT sometime soon though.:) Next up, is our move and settling in here.

5 comments:

Roo said...

LOVE all the pictures!

Klare said...

Glad you had a fun trip an d that you are safe and sound in your new place. I love that last pic of the kids in the dog cage, that is so something my kids would do.

Merkley Jiating said...

So fun!

I guess you weren't able to find housing before Christmas? Bummer!

Thanks for the advice on splitting time between kids. You are definitely the one to give advice on that! You had to do it with two babies the exact same age! You are amazing!

Kim said...

Hi Melissa! I'm so glad you're settling into and liking your new home. I absolutely love your short new hairdo! Tres chic! Please give my love to all!

Anonymous said...

Well, would you rather have rain or snow.Love your new house, did you get the shadow box hung? I didn't get any calls so I presume Dave did all right.It looks like you need to speed up the sleds, maybe graduate to saucers and speed them up and get them excited about this speed thing. I could show a them a thing or two about winter sports for the young, anyone for hooky-bobbing? Grandpa Richard (andrustax.com)