So, I need to catch up our blog before I can post pictures of our recent visit with my parents. So here it goes...

We finally made it to the Ithaca Farmer's Market for the first time a few weeks ago. Everyone around me has always talked about how great it is, and it is one of my friend Melanie's favorite things in Ithaca. So I had to check it out at least once!

Before going in, we went around back to check out the lake. As we were there, a couple came gliding up in their row boat. The kids were facinated watching them. Madeline informed me that she wanted one of those boat things.:)

Scott and Madeline watching a little girl feed the ducks. Why is it that I can never remember to bring bread for the kids to feed the ducks too...?

Inside the Farmer's Market. Unfortunately, we were not really hungry when we went, considering I have been told they have yummy food there. We did buy some apple cider donuts though!:)

Next up, our first Cornell Football Game. This is our third football season we have been here for, and had never attended a game. Well, the kids school gave each of the kids four free tickets to the homecoming game, so we decided to go. I mean, hey, the tickets were free so even if we only lasted one quarter with the kids, it didn't cost us anything. Here's Dylan before the game. He had no red shirts, so he supported Cornall via his red hat.:)

The kids loved these little blow up sticks you hit together to make noise.

Some of our friends at the game. Love my friends here in Ithaca (and I really, really don't want to say goodbye in a few months....) And yes, my hair is not looking it's best, but I got it cut again a few days after that. It's looking better now..:)

Moving on, a few weeks ago we went apple picking for our play group. It was kind of nice to just go with Dylan this year. Not as much running around on my part.:)

My friend Becky looked too cute picking apples with her bushel. Just had to take her picture!:)

Dylan munched on an apple while we picked, and before I knew it, he had eaten the entire thing, core, seeds and all!

He kept wanting to put the fallen bruised apples in our bag (which I heard is actually against the law here...).

And you can't go to Grisamore without seeing the animals. We had fun. The apples were cooked into a yummy apple pie and I think my parents (who came two days later) enjoyed many of them as well. They are all gone now, I guess we need to go back and pick some more! I LOVE fall here!!!!!
6 comments:
Sniff, sniff... Ithaca...
I love Ithaca this time of year.
Eli did the same thing when we went apple picking. He sat in the little cart and ate the ENTIRE apple.
I actually had a huge box of granny smith's that I bought here so I've been making apple butter, apple crisp, apple cobbler, etc. I still have about a third of the box left... Need any suggestions?
Love those apples. that is a great picture at the football game
i love the music you have on your blog. I usually have my computer on mute and by surprise i was listening to Halloween music! can't wait for your next batch of pictures!
i miss you melissa! this post made me want to flee florida and head north.
grr.
isn't farmer's market such an experience? we only went once the whole time we were there and i wish we had gone more often.
Yay, you finally made it to the Farmers Market! I love it there. Great pictures! So fun to see everyone at the football game, I wish I could have made it.
I love the picture of Dylan in his jeans, white shirt, and red cap at the games. He is soooo adorable!
Grandma Sue
Post a Comment