My mom was a elementary school librarian since I went to school (until recently when she moved to a middle school), so I took advantage of her knowledge of children's books and we hit our local public library. And came home with lots and lots of books for the kids. Here is my dad reading some to them.
We also went to another Zoo/ Aquarium close to us with the grandparents. Loved the shark tank.
The kids were fascinated by watching the sharks swim around.
Scott and Madeline had lots of questions for the touch tank workers, of course. These two like to talk.:)
A reptilian friend.
They also got to play at a playground at the zoo. They loved that.
The weekend before this past weekend we headed up to Canada and drove up to Whistler, where, as you know, the Vancouver Olympics were held a few months ago. At the Olympic Village they had a play area for the kids. They loved this slide which was made of tubes that rolled as you slide down it.
This was around the medals plaza.
And wear some of the athletes gear.
We walked around the Sliding Center after seeing the bears. The view was great from up here.
The next day, we headed to Granville Island in Vancouver. The kids were fascinated by a "ball maze" thing (what are they called?). It was so cute to see them with their arms around each other.:)
3 comments:
The Olympic stuff looks really neat! Don't you just love visits from Grandma and Grandpa! And I sooo love The Parent Trap too, especially the original.
Wow--looks like you guys are having a great time! I love that area of Canada, it's so beautiful. I love the Parent Trap bear thing--I grew up watching the Hayley Mills version and love it. Wish you could send us some of those cherries! B
So Fun!! Aquariums are my favorite. I hadn't been until here in Veracruz but I love them! Glad you guys are enjoying your summer.
Post a Comment