One of the things Scott has been wanting to see on our trips to Canada is a bear. When we tell him he has seen bears at the zoo and such, he tells us he wants to see a bear outside a cage. Considering I have only seen maybe one or two of these in my lifetime, I was doubtful he would see one any time soon. Until this weekend. We drove up to Canada again, and the first day we continued on past Vancouver to go to Whistler, where many of the 2010 Olympic venues were located. Upon talking to a helpful Canadian who could tell we were tourists (I'm not sure if cameras hanging around our necks, or looking confused all gathering around a map of the area gave us away...:), she
recommended we head the the "Slider" if we wanted to maybe see a bear without spending a ton of money on a tour. The "Slider" was where they had the Skeleton, the Bobsleds, and the Luge for the Olympics. So off we went.

Not a few minutes after buying our tickets to walk around the track, we saw our first bear! He was crossing the street in front of us.

And as soon as we walked into the venue, there was another bear. In as little as five minutes being up at the "Slider" we had seen two bears, pretty up close. (At least as up close as I was willing to get.:) Scott was so excited, as were we all!

The bear is that black thing behind Scott and Dave. The bears hardly gave us any notice, although we gave them quite
alot. It was quite a memorable experience to see a bear this close, and not through a car window.

On our way back to our car, we saw another bear up in the tree, and this one down in another area. It looks like he was sniffing around, trying to find some food to eat. When he couldn't find anything, he started up the hill to where we were, and we decided to quickly get back into our car.:) Although, now Scott wants to be able to TOUCH a bear. Hopefully that won't be on the agenda next weekend... More of our trip to Canada this past weekend on another post. (This one deserved one on it's own.:)
3 comments:
I'm so very jealous that you're in Vancouver. I've been there once and loved it. It's so beautiful and you get to see so much wildlife (not just deer and squirrels)! Have a fabulous time!
B
So crazy, but kind of scary...
I would love to go to Vancouver. Looks like fun!
Sam and I both cannot believe you got so lucky!
I love your multiple comments. It cracks me up. Seriously. I am not so sure I believe it is an accident anymore though!
Post a Comment