Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The last few weeks

I thought this first picture was so cute, because it is of my two red heads, and also because of the story behind it.


Dylan had woken up kind of early, so when I heard him at his door I got up out of bed to open it for him. By the time I got out of my room, Scott had already opened Dylan's door, and brought his blanket and some books out for him. I found them sitting on the couch, Scott showing a book to Dylan. Scott told me he could help entertain Dylan so I could go back to sleep if I wanted. Such a sweet boy.:)


A few weeks ago, we had a good size snow storm blow through. Granted it was nothing as big as some areas have been hit this winter, and we never lost power or anything, but it was the most snow we have ever had in one storm, in Utah or here in Ithaca. I, for one, couldn't believe how much snow we got.


Dave had to literally dig out our car.


There is no hill under all that snow, but it is the snow pile from clearing the parking lot and sidewalks. I wonder when the big snow piles will finally all melt. July?


Yes, that is Dave standing in snow up to his knees. Dylan would have been lost in it.


After digging out the car, Dave helped the kids build a snow tower. He made a clearing in the snow, so Scott and Madeline could help too. Dave got a big storage box and filled it with snow, kind of like a sand castle mold at the beach. It was pretty impressive.



Yes, this is a picture of the kids in swimsuits, while we still had a good foot of snow outside.:) They found all sorts of things to entertain themselves with, while stuck inside during the snow storm. They each took turns getting in the clothes hamper and rolling each other around the room in it. (That is Dylan's cute little bum coming out of the clothes hamper).



I loved this picture of Dylan wearing Madeline's princess shoes, while pretending to also be a Jedi from Star Wars.


A few days before Dylan's birthday, he got a birthday package in the mail. I think he had just as much fun playing with the Mickey Mouse box as any toy he got.:) Go Figure.



And yes, this past week my baby turned two. I can't believe Dylan has grown from this to being two. It makes me a little sad. I REALLY don't want him to grow up, but at the same time, I love every stage he goes into. For his birthday, Scott wanted to get Dylan his own batman toy (since he has practically taken over Scott's). Dylan has loved having his very own batman and bat mobile. He also got some fun puzzles, books, clothes (I particularly liked that gift myself), a Mr. Potato Head, Elmo movie, and a cool Jeep truck with an attached trailer and animals to go with it. It was a fun day, and the kids were so excited.


These last few pictures are all from the same day. While I was taking a shower, this is what happened. Dylan got ahold of the goldfish box and dumped it all. Relaxing shower, let me tell you.:) When I was finally decent to come out of my room, I found Madeline and Scott trying to clean up/ eat all the goldfish on the floor. Dylan was trying to help too, but mainly just succeeded in smooshing all the fish into the floor. Joy.



Later that same day, while Dylan was taking a nap, I had the twins go into their room for quiet time, while I was in my room working on some computer stuff. After a while, I was so surprised how well they were being in their room, when Scott walked in looking like this. He had taken his scissors, and cut his hair all over his head. I couldn't believe it. I thought we were past this stage. And, yes, that is marker all over his face as well. Go figure.



Needless to say, the next day we had to go get it buzzed all off to make it even. Madeline made a little snip in her hair too, but hardly noticeable. I realize it could have been much worse. At least Scott's hair will grow back quickly. And I guess I have no room to complain about it, since I did the same thing to my hair when I was 3 or 4. Except I cut off all my curls, and my mom cried when she saw me. Scissor privileges have now been revoked.:)


5 comments:

Klare said...

I love when the older ones decide to help and let Mom get some sleep!! Woohoo!
Holy snow! Glad it's not me! :)
OH MY GOODNESS!! I have never *knock on wood* had a child cut that much hair off before. Crazy and scary. Ahhh....kids.

Trina said...

Isn't it so fun when you're in the shower and it's just too quiet! Yeah, my "baby" almost two and wow, she's not really my baby anymore, in more ways than one! It was fun to see pictures of Dylan and all of his red-red hair when he was even so little!
Wow. I'm impressed with Scott's hair cutting skills. He didn't just take a snip or two and get bored. Did he really do it all on his own?
I let Evelyn use scissors, only a couple of times, but the last time she cut some of Allison's hair. It's not noticeable, but I've decided she doesn't need to use scissors, she can just use glue of things I cut for her.
My little sister had beautiful blond hair and she completely cut off her whole pony-tail and all of her bangs. When she walked into the room, I thought she was my boy cousin that is her age. That was pretty bad!
I'm sure my kids are doomed to give each other awful haircuts. They're way too interested in it when I'm doing it. I thought that Evelyn pretty well understood that only mommy gives hair cuts, but she still wanted to give it a try.

I can't believe all the snow we got last week and then the beautiful temperatures we are having this week. It's kind of crazy to be outside without a coat or even a jacket and still have so much snow and such huge piles everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Love the snow pictures, even though I really can't relate. Scott and Dylan "reading" is my favorite picture. Such brotherly love.
The haircutting is unbelieveable! I have never seen or heard of a kid cutting off that MUCH hair!. Usually a couple of snips, hair falling to the floor, scares them enough to stop. And Scott? I would have never guessed that one. I'm so glad Dylan was napping. :)
Quite children usually means something's up!
Love those grandkids.
Grandma Sue

Burke family said...

Oh man, that haircut is amazing! At least he cut his own hair. When I was little, my big sister was smart enough not to cut her own hair, so I was the unfortunate innocent victim of a hideous hack job. :) Good thing hair always grows back, right?

Heather said...

I can't believe he is 2 already. Time has flown by. Taryn is 2 too. I guess we just have to let our babies grow up. I love watching her discover new things as I am sure do to with Dylan. That is ALOT of snow. We have no snow here in Vegas and I wish we did. I hate it here. More and more every day.