Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Surviving until spring...:)

You can always tell when winter hits, because blogging starts to go down. And this winter hasn't even been as bad as I thought it would be, although, that said, I am definitely ready for spring to be here. Here are a few things we have been up to though, since returning back to Ithaca.


The kids love playing sleepover. They get out all their pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals (which are quite numerous between Madeline and Dylan...), and all lay down on the floor. Not that much sleeping is happening, also considering they do this in the middle of the afternoon. One thing that is cute now, is Dylan has to do EVERYTHING Scott and Madeline do. He has even started having to wear his backpack when I take Scott and Madeline to school, because they have their backpacks on too. Luckily, Scott and Madeline are so good to him, and love playing with him.


We also went and saw our first Polo match here. Unfortunately, the picture I got is not that great, and my camera was losing power quick, so this is the only one I have to post. The match was against Harvard, and happy to report, Cornell was victorious. Not many people were there, but it was free, so definitely worth checking out. The kids actually loved it and want to go back. It was pretty entertaining watching the horses run all around and the players trying to make goals with the ball, after you got used to the horse smell that is.:) We are hoping to get to another game sometime before we leave here.



Another thing we did was walk to some of the waterfalls on Cornell campus with my friend, Rachel and her kids. It was incredible looking at all the frozen water and ice. Just looking at it seemed to make us all even colder. Would hate to fall in there!


All bundled up and I was still pretty cold. I can be a wimp sometimes.



Right before the cold winter hit, our mall here put a bouncy gym thing in one of the empty stores. Such a good idea, if you ask me. Scott and Madeline had been bugging me to take them ever since we got back after Christmas. For playgroup last week, we met here and let all the kids play for an hour (again sorry for the not so great picture, but this was all I got). My kids love these things. And so do I, since it keeps them all fully entertained.

One other thing that may be of interest, we do have a second home now, though I don't have a picture to post. What is our second home, you ask? Our local YMCA. We go everyday (about) except Sundays. Sometimes I am there a couple times a day. I go to get some exercise most days (although those who know me might find this a bit shocking since I still don't quite look like I actually workout alot, or ever for that matter...), and they have babysitting for the kids while there. Luckily, all three love to go play there. Then Scott and Madeline have swim lessons there twice a week. They LOVE going to their swim lessons. It is kind of nice going because they heat the pool and keep the room in the 80's, so you almost need to wear short sleeves so you are not hot. It's nice to sit there watching them swim, with short sleeves and sandals on while you can see snow falling out the windows. But it's NOT nice to have to get Scott and Madeline out of their wet swimming clothes, back into winter ones while Dylan is running wild through the dressing room. I can see the benefit of doing swim lessons in warm weather. I am just glad they like going.

Along with swimming lessons, they are enrolled in a soccer class every Saturday morning as well, again, at the Y. This is just too cute to watch a bunch of 4, 5, and, I think, 6 years old's run around after a soccer ball. There are about 20-25 kids in their class, and Madeline is only one of four girls, not that she really cares. She is very used to playing with boys, weather they like playing with her or not. The instructors try to have them practice drills, and stuff, and last week they even had a little game against each other. Madeline's team got to wear a mesh jersey over their shirts, and I think this was her favorite part. I think she thought it was almost like playing dress up and kept prancing around in it and looking at it. Typical Madeline.:) I was happy to notice that both Scott and Madeline did try to run after and get the ball though.

Well, these things have kept us pretty busy of late. Sometime I am sure I will get pictures of them in their classes and post them, but I have been feeling a little run down, not up to bringing the camera yet.:)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really got a kick out of this post. The kids playing sleepover was a hoot! Especially in the middle of the day and Madeline in her "snow white" outfit. Makes me laugh. :D
A real,live polo game. Wow! I would love to see one of those. The horses would be great. Erica would love that game too.
At first I thought the waterfalls photo was in black and white. Amazing! Come to Calif. We're in color.
What a fun idea to put a "jump house" in the mall. Dylan looks just as old as the other kids. :(
Your life sounds way too busy for me. Get a job and get some rest. Working is easy compared to raising kids.
I'm sending new swimsuits to the kids. Costco specials and very cute!
Love ya, Grandma Sue

Anonymous said...

Where's spring on a day like today...? Cute pictures!

Roo said...

I love the pic of the waterfalls. THey are so pretty. TO be honest, it made me cold and never want to go outside again. ha

Cobb Family said...

I myself am just starting at the ymca. When do you go? We should plan together once in awhile.

Jenn said...

I have been so bad with blogging lately. It seems as if you are always doing something fun. You inspire me to get out more with my 3 crazys'. Have you ever thought about putting your blog into a hard bound book?
Jenn

Jenn said...

well if you end up doing it, I'm a personal publishing consultant for heritage makers and their books are the best on the market. You should check it out. I would love to show you how to do it. I started to do mine and it is fun to look back and re-read it all, so I can only imagine once it is in a book for the whole family to read. Also I started to do my posts through heritage makers to so at the end of the year I can just have the pages printed, no extra work for me. Last time you were out I ran into your parents at Costco and I wish I would have called you. We had just gotten back from our cruise. I hope next time.

The Fam said...

*sigh* we miss you guys!