Now that I am finally getting over being sick, I wanted to post some, kind of random, pictures of things lately. They are all of the kids, since that is the benefit of being the family photographer, no one takes pictures of me.:):) And let's face it. The kids are WAY more interesting anyway. Especially since I have about lived in my pajamas these past couple weeks. You know it is really bad when a new neighbor comes by to borrow something in the
early evening, and finds you in your pajamas (and ones with big penguins on them at that, not even cute, mature, grown-up looking ones). And then when same neighbor comes by to return the borrowed pan a few days later, again I answer the door in my pajamas. In my defense for that one, I had
JUST changed into my pajamas at that point, I mean we are talking seconds before. But still, it was not even dinner time, and already sporting the jammies. Anyways, enough of my wardrobe of choice these days, let's move back to the kids (they got dressed most days).

After Scott and Madeline's birthday, Dylan had way more fun with the leftover boxes. Madeline actually got in the box first and then Dylan of course had to try it as well. How much would you pay for this present (not that he is for sale, mind you)?

This is daddy and his food buddy. Dylan loves to eat. Alot. And he loves chips and salsa. He dips his chip in and then just sucks all the salsa off. Yum.

Don't try to take a nap at our house, or this might happen to you. Yes, under all that stuff is Dave trying desperately to catch a few ZZZ's. They even got our shopping cart there on top of him. Knowing Dave though, and how he can sleep through anything (which incidentally bodes well for him when the kids wake up in the middle of the night), I am sure he actually had a relaxing nap under there.

Madeline is our little dancer. Whenever she hears some dancing music, she is just itching to get up and show some of her moves, which in case anyone is wondering, she gets from Dave, not me.:) Seriously, you need to see him dance. Anyway, they had a dance off at the Halloween dress up day last time we went to the Play Museum. The workers there liked dancing with Madeline and she outlasted every other dancer there. She loved it.


Finally, our little climber. Scott and Madeline were never really into climbing as little toddlers (they were into PLENTY of other mischief, let me tell you), but Dylan loves to climb. Even as a younger baby( because, yes, he is still my baby), he has always been our climber. Yesterday, I came into the bathroom and found this. Actually the first time I walked in he was
standing in the sink going through the medicine cabinets, and I quickly got him down before he could fall. When I went in a few minutes later, and found him like this, I quickly ran for the camera that time. (And yes, Grandma Sue, I know he desperately needs a hair cut. Now that we are better, hopefully this week.:):)

A few minutes later, I found him in our bathtub, lying down actually. This is not the first time he has climbed into a tub. Luckily this time, there was no water. We haven't always been so lucky. One time I was running some water in the tub to get it to warm up, before filling it up for their bath, and walked out for a minute. When I came back, Dylan had climbed in
fully clothed, ready to play. But we think he is just so darn cute, what can you do about it?!
10 comments:
Cute pictures! Glad you guys are feeling better. By the way, is there something wrong with living in your jammies? I'm all for it!
I love Dylan's hair! It is so cute and so red. Let it grow a little longer :).
Ok, Bridget, let's not encourage this long hair. If you want it long Melissa, then you need to do it curly.
I want that little cabbage patch doll for Christmas but be careful about letting him get inside things that have plastic covers.
I definitely want to see Dave and Madeline dance together. We'll plan that talent show when you are here after Christmas. Invite the whole family.
When you were letting the water run to get warm what if Dylan had climbed in and it was hot already? That has happened to me before. Much hotter than I expected. Yikes.
Love the random pictures. All adorable of course.
And loved your story about the jammies. Wasn't it you that said your teacher didn't care if I looked like "the freak of the week" when I took you to school in my sweats. What comes around goes around. :D
Love, miss, and can't wait to see you.
Grandma Sue
Mom, you're hilarious. I promise that Dylan was in no harm while playing in the box. And the water in the tub was barely in the warm area. And maybe my kids are nicer to me when I look like "the freak of the week" then we were to you.:)
So glad you're feeling better! And what adorable and funny kids. Looks like there's always something fun going on around there.
I love this post! Your kids are so funny. My kids pester the heck out of their daddy when he tries to nap too. I'm glad you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing! Come to Cali so my kids can play with your kids!!
Love the couch picture. Way too cute! At least Dylan chose a box with a window to put his head in. Allison loves to put buckets and boxes and bins on her head and walk around the whole house, running into everything. She's crazy really but she doesn't really get hurt and she loves it.
I love the Dylan is a climber. He's not just the perfect, content to sit in the stroller little guy I think he is. Makes me feel a little better about my crazy little monkey.
So cute!!
Glad you're feeling better. Being sick is so miserable, especially when they kids still want to be taken care of !
Oh, and I love the PJ's story. I feel like to turn totally frumpy when I'm 1/2 way pregnant, like right now. I'm growing out of my regular clothes, but maternity clothes are still way too big. I just hand around in lots of the same comfy pants. Then when I go out to the store or something, I almost change and then I think, heck, I'm in Ithaca, and I'm not going to change, because I'm comfy this way and others will most likely be fine with it!
Love the random pictures. The pajama thing is just fine. Dont you fret about it. Your kids sure are getting big and cuter all the time.
Post a Comment