Saturday, November 07, 2009

Life lesson's for Dylan

Okay, so last week Scott was crying about something being unfair that I had told him he couldn't do. (At this point, I can't even remember what it was). Anyway, I finally looked at him and said, "Scott, sometimes life is just not fair. It would be good for you to learn that lesson now."

A few days later, Dylan was crying outside our closed bedroom door because he wanted Daddy (Daddy was on an important call, and couldn't hold Dylan for the moment). Scott was in the same room as Dylan, lying on the couch. In all seriousness, Scott looked over to Dylan (who, remember, is only 19 months old) and said, "Dylan, sometimes life is just not fair." I guess Scott felt Dylan should learn this lesson very early on in life as well.:)

5 comments:

Trina said...

I love it! Now I'm just waiting for you to be upset about something he does wrong, or crying about something important and having Scott tell you that "You know, sometimes life is just not fair."
How funny!

The Johnsons said...

He can start working on Owen then right away.

Klare said...

So cute. I love when the older ones feel they need to raise their younger siblings.

ames said...

Scott is a crack-up. I can seriously picture him lounging on the couch, watching cartoons, hanging in his Spiderman costume, and shaking his head at his immature little brother. It's all relative I suppose

Burke family said...

It's a little scary hearing your own words come out of their mouths, huh?! I keep hearing Jordan tell Halle things I say to him, and it makes me think twice about the things I say. They are definitely little sponges. :)