Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Harker's Halloween

Yes, I am finally getting around to posting Halloween pictures (a long wait for the impatient Grandma:). Unfortunately, this past Monday I came down with the worst flu I can remember having and am still feeling pretty sick. I hate being sick. Not that anyone likes it. Anyway, a few weeks ago we went to Grisamore farms to pick our pumpkim, which was fun, but not near as fun as it was last year.








The kids did like these big straw bundles to climb on.



Then we finally got around to carving our pumpkin, since last year we never had time.:) The kids each drew what they thought the pumpkin should look like.



Madeline loved getting the guts out. Scott was not that interested. Dylan started crying when we tried to put his hand in.



Madeline pretending to eat the pumpkin.

In the end, we got on the internet and the kids picked out a face they liked, then daddy drew it on the pumpkin.



Scott was the Optimus Prime Transformer, Madeline a Snow Princess (what was I thinking to get her, of all my kids, a cream costume?), and Dylan a lion.



The kids had a party at preschool, our church, went trick or treating with some friends, went to another party with some friends after trick or treating, and even got to go to a Birthday/ Halloween party the next day for a neighbor of ours. We had a lot of fun. At our church party, Madeline was in a donut eating contest where she had to race against three other kids to eat a donut hanging off a piece of string the fastest, and she won! She was very excited. Well, I have more pictures to post later from other things this month, but this is all I am up for right now. Anyone know a fast cure for the flu? I am done with being sick.

3 comments:

Susan Andrus said...

Grisamore's Farm still looks very fun and festive even though you didn't think it was as good as last year.
I love the idea of the kids designing their own pumpkin. Madeline gets right in to dig out the guts! ;) Many kids hate that part.
Their costumes are very cute. Scott looks great but we really can't see him. Dylan is an adorable Lion and of course the Snow Queen fits Madeline perfectly.
Sounds like she eats as fast as her Grandpa Dick.
Thanks for the update. I enjoyed it all!!!
Grandma Sue

Anonymous said...

Cute kiddos...hope you all get feeling better.

Klare said...

Cute costumes!! The kids are cute too. ;)