Thursday, October 08, 2009

Fall Fun

We have been up to some fun fall activities this week, between being sick and having a little rain. Last week was way too cold and rainy for this time of year here, so that was a wake up call for all of us that winter is just around the corner. Every sunny day we have from here on out needs to be enjoyed outside while we can!:) One beautiful day this week, we went with some friends to walk around the Sapsucker woods.


How cute are these kids? After walking around the trails, we stopped for lunch by the pond. All was going pretty good, until the bees came over to enjoy our lunch as well. Madeline, unfortunately, has a terror about bees. She starts screaming hysterically and wants to go inside somewhere where they can't get her. Which is the only way to calm her down, unfortunately. So, our wonderful afternoon was cut a little short. Which was probably for the best since I was not feeling all that great. As the day wore on, I was definitely sick. Dave had started feeling sick the night before, so he had stayed home from his classes that day. Having both mommy and daddy sick doesn't bode well for mommy, let me tell you. Our kids were pretty good, luckily.

Today, I was feeling a little better, luckily, because our church playgroup went to Iron Kettle Farms about 40 minutes away. It was so cute. They had so much fun running all around.


Dylan did get to play out of his stroller for a little while. He is such a good little boy. I wish I could just let him run wild all the time. But watching three kids all go in seperate directions can be a bit of a handful to me.:(







The setting for the farm is just amazing.



Running through the pumpkins



Luckily, Dylan didn't actually fall and get hurt, even though it looks like he is about to here.



It was a fun afternoon spent outdoors enjoying the fall weather. With only a few interuptions of Madeline being terrified of bees. I guess ONE benefit of winter weather is we no longer have to contend with bees. But, then again, we don't get to go outside as much either. Oh well. We will keep loving it outside as long as we can!:)

7 comments:

Burke family said...

You are always so happy and upbeat... I had no idea you weren't feeling well. Playgroup is always so fun. Thanks for showing us all of the best places to go around here. Jordan and I love to play with you and your kids.

The Johnsons said...

Your pictures beat mine! I don't think we got a single shot of a pumpkin??? Owen has had fun looking at these pictures repeating over and over SCOTT, DYNAN. He doesn't know what to say when we get to Madeline, does she have any nicknames??

The Harker's said...

Feel free to call Madeline, Maddie. Dylan struggles with her name too.:)

Roo said...

Great pictures!!! I have decided you can't beat upstate NY falls! Glad we are here to enjoy them with you!

Cece Girl said...

I just love pumpkin patches and all the fun pictures you can get. You're kids are so cute!

Susan Andrus said...

One day I hope to be in New York during the fall season. It looks beautiful. The kids sure seem to be having a good time, especially Dylan. He is getting so big. The kids are growing too fast. Give them hugs and kisses from Grandma Sue!

Heather said...

Melissa, I was wondering what are your plans after David graduates? Are you going to come back west? UT, CA, I am just curious.