Monday, April 13, 2009

Hoppy Easter!

This year we had a few days full of easter activites leading up to the "main event".


First, we went to our friends house to dye easter eggs!

The next day, we had an easter egg hunt for our playdate that week. We had so many kids come! Each parent brought 10 eggs per child. We then hid them all, and the kids each got to find 10 eggs. Scott and Madeline found them too fast for me to get pictures of. Here they are going through the candy!

I had to post this picture, even though her midrif is showing (opps! Growing out of winter clothes! Would spring hurry up and get warm already!) Madeline loves posing in most of her pictures. This is her impression of a tree that she learned in school.:)
The next day, they also got to dye eggs at their school. Since we had already dyed eggs twice, I figured we didn't need to do it a thrid time at our house.:)


Easter morning the kids woke up and found that the Easter Bunny had come! And he had hidden eggs for them to find! He hid some spiderman eggs for Scott!

Dylan loved the eggs that shock with candy inside!

Madeline found some princess crown eggs!

And Scott was very excited to get some Batman underwear in his easter basket! (I promise, he really was excited, despite his expression)

Off to church this cold and windy easter day. Yes, we made them pose for a second outside, minus coats, before church to get a good easter morning picture. It was so cold and very windy, which is why Madeline looks like she is in pain!:) Dylan, evidently, doesn't seem to mind!

After church, we had some friends over for dinner, dessert, and another easter egg hunt. Luckily, it was sunny, if not still cold, so we could hide the eggs outside real quick. Overall, it was a great easter. We hope everyone else had an enjoyable holiday as well. Hopefully yours was much warmer then ours!:)

4 comments:

Trina said...

Love the cute outfits! Can I call you're boys cloths outfits because they are still so young? Very pretty dress Madeline! Yeah, lots of Easter celebrations and festivities this year. It was lots of fun, but I think that's why Evelyn can't just say Happy Easter, it's either Happy Easter Egg, or Happy Easter Bunny. Oops, We'll have to focus on the real reason for Easter next year.

HotelCaliFarnsworth said...

Oh how fun! Your daughter does look like she is in pain...that's funny! I'm glad it's not that cold here! Ha ha. I'm lame an didn't take any Easter pics this year...oops!

Klare said...

What fun! Glad you had a fun Easter!

Jenn said...

Melissa those are some great pictures. I love the picture of Madeline she reminds me of you as a little girl. I've seen may pictures of you striking a pose.