Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Welcome to the 30's

Okay. I have been 30 years old for only a day, and evidently looking it!:) This morning while putting on some concealer under my eyes, Madeline came in to watch. She then commented that the purple makeup I was putting on under my eyes was so pretty. Mind you, I was NOT putting purple makeup on under my eyes ( I haven't gone blind yet!). She was innocently refering to the dark circles under my eyes that I was trying (unsuccessfully) to cover up. Yes, I am 30 (yikes!), I have three kids (twins thrown in), and I do wear contacts, which can all contribute to the baggage under my eyes. Unfortunately while getting a makeover at a depertment store about six years ago, the girl asked why I had dark circles under my eyes, when I had no kids, didn't wear contacts at the time, and was a lot younger. The bags under my eyes are nothing new really, but at least when I was in my 20's I didn't feel like they made me look old. Kids certainly keep you humble! So, if anyone has any great advice on how to cover up or get rid of dark circles under your eyes let me know! What else do I have to look forward to as I am in my 30's?! I am already getting gray hair! So, next time you see me, try not to stare at my roots, or the bags that are fully packed under my eyes!:):)

4 comments:

HotelCaliFarnsworth said...

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You are too funny. You do NOT look old. I feel old sometimes BECAUSE of things my kids say. Ha ha. I am sad to be turning 30 this year too. It used to seem so old. Oh well, we will survive it together. My hubby started getting a couple of gray hairs in his eyebrows! LOL!

Nicole said...

Crack me up! I totally know about the bags! I seem to have worse than most too! My only advice...go with GOOD concealer! No Mabeline or Revlon. I use Mac concealor and base (the rest is cheapo grocery store stuff) and it's worth it's price. Also, the tube lasts me well over a year! Totally worth it!

Also, I'd never guess you were 30 already!

Trina said...

Now way do you have bad bags. I've never noticed, or seen a gray hair. You look great for being 30 and I hope to look as young as you when I turn 30, in a few, (or more) years.

The Johnsons said...

I've never noticed and I've dropped in on you unexpectedly at least three times--maybe even before make-up was applied??