Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Thanksgiving, Palmyra, and Niagara Falls

This Thanksgiving my parents flew in from California. It took them all day and night almost to get here, so THANK YOU for coming! We were all so excited to see them!





Here's little Dylan pulling up to Madeline's bed.


Madeline loves to try to "help" mom with the dishes all the time, and I usually don't have time to let her help. So Grandma told her when she came Madeline could help her do the dishes. First thing the morning my mom was here, she wanted to help Grandma do the dishes. She actually did a really good job, especially after she learned not to hold the wet cloth over the floor while rinsing the dishes. We could never do dishes without her help the rest of the time my mom was here. She consantly asked to wash dishes. I am going to start to put her to work!!!!



Those who know my mom could probably guess what show she is watching on the internet here. Yes, while Thanksgiving dinner was cooking, she took a break to catch up on the episodes of The Young and the Restless that she had missed. Now, my mom watches almost NO TV, except this and she never misses an episode!!!





Here is our Thanksgiving feast!




Here is Scott and Madeline before church in front of our Christmas tree. Dylan was crying and didn't want to take a picture.



Since Madeline helped Grandma with the dishes, my dad told Scott that they would make Chocolate chip cookies together. He was so excited! Thanks for the yummy cookies!







My mom and dad joked that they were going to put Dylan in their extra suitcase and put him on the plane with them. We had to try it out and see how he fit. He was a good sport and just crawled out. My mom and I had alot of fun laughing at him in there!




We also went to Niagara Falls and Palmyra while they were here. See post below.

5 comments:

Julia said...

Hi guys! Fun to catch up with you! Paul says it's sad we can't coordinate which coast we're living on, now that we moved back west. We were at Niagara Falls during Thanksgiving 3 years ago for Paul's birthday. It's amazing at Thanksgiving, did you stay overnight to see all the Thanksgiving fireworks?

Your 3 kids are adorable!!!! We have 3 now too... all girls. I'll invite you to our blog to so Paul & Dave can catch up.

Hunters

Alee and Brandon said...

How you guys packed a lot of fun into a relatively quick trip! Looks like the kids had a ton of fun with your parents!

Cece Girl said...

Love these pictures too! We DID have fun at Grandma and Grandpas. I'm so glad we have those fun memories. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving as well!

Heather said...

Melissa, I need your address for a card redshoes595@hotmail.com

Nicole said...

Your mom watching The Young & the Restless cracks me up! I don't think I've ever watched a single episode...I take it it's good!

Also, I love the new chairs. I did the same thing to my piano bench a few years back and it was like a whole new piano.