Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween



This year Scott and Madeline were very excited for Halloween. A few months ago, we were talking to them about it, when Scott got it in his mind he wanted to be Spiderman. That was all he could talk about for the past couple of months. He would tell almost everyone we saw, in the grocery store, in Target...you name it. And Madeline wanted to be a princess, with a costume her cousin Rachel had given her. I put Dylan in the doggie costume Scott had worn when he was a year old. So it worked out well this year. They had decided what to be a few months prior to the event, and then just had to wait for the night to be here.




Here is Madeline at our ward Trunk-or-Treat. We had it the Saturday before Halloween. We had a kids table and served them hot dogs, while everyone else had chili and cornbread. The kids then went to classrooms to do crafts, while the parents visited and ate. It was a lot of fun, and they were VERY excited to finally get dressed up.


Trick-or-Treating anyone?!?!?! I took this a couple of days before Halloween, and was a little nervous what the weather would be like on Halloween night. Luckily, it was quite warm on Halloween, and the night was actually pretty nice.


Here is Madeline with the only other girl in her class. There are eight kids in the class, and six of them are boys. They were able to go Trick-or-Treating at their nursery school to the other classes on their campus(their nursery school is on the campus of a high school trade school). Afterwards, they came back to their room for a little party.




I love this action shot of Scott pulling Madeline's hat down. She was not happy.



We went trick -or- treating with the Robertson's. The Robertson's are our friends and kind of family here. Dave's brother is married to Brother Robertson's sister. So we are kind of related in a round about way, right? Anyway, they are one of the nicest families, and we had fun going with them.



Here is a house we went to that decorated their whole yard. You can see a spider at the very bottom of the picture that Scott quite liked. He said it came out of his costume. We thought that was hilarious. Madeline was a little nervous going up to the door with all of the decorations around, but getting candy prevailed, and she made it through. After three times trick-or-treating this season (truck-or-treat, nursery school, and Halloween night), the kids have WAY too much candy. Maybe mom and dad with have to help them eat it... We hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween!

3 comments:

Welsch Family said...

Love the costumes! THanks for the Happy Birthday on my Face Book!

Jill said...

We're helping our kids eat theirs. I'm a sucker for chocolate:) I'm glad the weather was great for you. Our evening was very warm. I felt like it was 80. It's suppose to start cooling off this week. I'm very, very happy.

Alee and Brandon said...

All the kids look so cute! I'm glad you guys had so much fun! Next year I expect you and Dave to dress up!