Thursday, August 14, 2008

Winter Quarters





Here are some pictures from our trip to New York. The first day we just drove and stayed the night in Nebraska. We saw alot of cornfields when we got in Nebraska. For the record, I had no idea how important a crop corn was until making the drive. We saw cornfields for days and days. Anyway, the second day we drove to Iowa and stopped halfway and visited Winter Quarters. That was interesting to see, and to get out of the car for a couple of hours. Scott and Madeline got to dress up as pioneers and even helped to pull a covered wagon. Our tour guide turned out to be a sister missionary whose parents lived in the ward we just left in Provo. It's a small world when you are a member of the church.







1 comment:

Klare said...

Oh, I am so jealous of all you got to see! I want to see historic church sites someday. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun.