Friday, December 30, 2011

Leavenworth: Cider Mill and Sleigh Ride

While in Leavenworth, we drove up to a Cider Mill.  Oh, how I have missed going to the cider mill when we lived in New York.  This one was more of a store that sold things then the one in New York, but still fun.  We got some cider, and doughnuts, and a few souvenirs.  My mom and I of course had to each get a magnet for our collections:)

After the cider mill, we went on a sleigh ride through the mountains.  Here is Madeline checking out the horses.

Yes, it was cold there.  My mom is bundled up like that by choice, while my dad was more poking fun at how covered up she was:)

The kids all wanted to ride on the seat with Grandma and Grandpa of course.:)  So Dave and I got a seat to ourselves.  It was a chilly ride, but we were prepared for it.  After the ride, they had some hot chocolate (unfortunately, not Starbucks hot chocolate) and cookies.  Our trip to Leavenworth was great and I look forward to doing it again!

No comments: