A couple of years ago, we started a sticker chart for Scott and Madeline. Basically, they have eight rows of ten on a page and every ten stickers they could get a little treat, and when they fill up the whole chart they could get a toy, or go somewhere special, usually the
Rochester Museum of Play. This has worked pretty well for the twins, especially when their mommy stays on top of it. They get stickers for anything Dave and I deem is sticker chart worthy. Madeline can earn one whenever she is the first one dressed between her and Scott (the girl takes FOREVER to get ready some days...), either one can earn multiple stickers for cleaning up their toys, last summer we promised each of them 10 stickers if they were on their best behavior at the US Open for Golf on Long Island,... you get the picture. This has worked well for them.
Well, this past visit from my parents, My mommy decided to make me my very own sticker chart too! I got stickers for making my bed in a timely manner, getting the kids ready, and one time for cuddling with Dylan on the couch because he was so
insistent I do it, even though we were busy trying to pack to to leave for Canada (which would be about the only reason I wouldn't jump at the chance to cuddle with my little guy). Scott and Madeline loved that I had a sticker chart as well, and were eager to help me put the stickers on it. Just goes to show, you are never too old for your mom to be Your Mom.:)
Incidently, she deserved a sticker chart too, especially for being on kitchen clean up duty while she was here. Thanks Mom!
6 comments:
so cute!
Melissa! You are hilarious! I did it mainly because I knew the kids would love it. :) Are you still getting more stickers? How's Dave's chart coming? He needs to remember to play fair when we are playing "Settlers". Boards the play.
Ha ha! I love it!
Sounds like a GREAT idea, especially if there is a reward attached. Maybe I'll make myself one tonight . . . Your money post was funny, too. I guess it's a good lesson to learn! B
That is great!
Another fun one was when Carter made me a sticker chart....that got very interesting and FUN:)!!
Post a Comment