Friday, August 28, 2009

Blueberries!

We are back in Ithaca again and I LOVE it. We have been having so much fun seeing all of our old friends, and meeting lots of new ones with more students starting Cornell this fall.



Yesterday, for playgroup, we went to Grisamore Farms and picked blueberries! This was my first time picking blueberries, and I was really excited. And I don't even love blueberries all that much. I love them in things, but not neccessarily just by themselves. But it was a fun outing.


Unfortunately, Dylan has a mean mommy.:) I wasn't sure how it would be with three kids running around, and me trying to pick enough blueberries to actually make something, so Dylan was stuck in his stroller...


But I took pity on him after a little while, and let him out.:) And this is what he did. Run. I couldn't even get him to stand still long enough for me to get his picture. After I couldn't find him for a few minutes, and I wondered if I would have to run up and down all the rows of blueberry bushes looking for him, I had enough again. Luckily one of our friends saw him running down the dirt road. Bad boy.:) He was quickly placed back into the stroller for the remainder of our visit, mostly. (I did let him out again as we were about to leave, and, of course, he found a mud puddle to stomp in. He is just so dang cute though. What am I to do?)



Here is Madeline picking berries. Scott and Madeline did a really good job at helping pick good blueberries.



Scott with Lucy, and Lucy's brother, Owen, and her mommy, Melanie. It was such fun to pick berries with so many poeple from our church here. Yeah for playgroups and being with our friends again!:) Now I just need to decide what to make with all the blueberries...

6 comments:

Melody said...

Blueberry icecream, blueberry muffins, blueberry pancakes, blueberry cheesecake..... so many yummy choices!!

HotelCaliFarnsworth said...

I vote for JUMBO blueberry muffins!

Cobb Family said...

we freeze them and then enjoy muffins or pancakes or whatever I want throughout the rest of the year!

Kim said...

I absolutely love fresh blueberries!! I love to mix them in with vanilla yogurt. Dannon La creme is the creamiest and my favorite. Chocolate covered blueberries are heavenly! I get the disks candy makers use at Walmart (I know your a Target girl yourself), melt them in the microwave on medium power, stir, add the blueberries and voila! Also you need to check out the book Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey. It is really old, but the kids will be able to relate having been on a bluberry picking expedition and all. There are two NICE bears in the book, a mama and baby.

Burke family said...

Hey, I've been doing a little blog stalking and found your blog... hope you don't mind. You are so cute! We are so glad to be in the ward and get to know you and be part of all the fun here.

My blog is private but email me if you want an invite katiehburke at gmail dot com

Roo said...

I did my searching and found you. :)