Okay, yesterday was one of those days. I went to the mall while Scott and Madeline were in preschool, so I just had Dylan (can I tell you how much easier it is to shop with just one child?!?! I could never do this when Scott and Madeline were born). I was looking for a lightweight jacket for Dylan, because, yes, the temperatures are finally starting to warm up and we don't need our heavy winter coats every day! Yipee! Anyway, I found him a good jacket for so cheap, and continued looking around. I then went over to Target to look for some other little things. I was shopping in the dollar section, picking up some stickers and things, when I noticed that I forgot to pay for the jacket! I quickly ran back to Old Navy and bought the jacket (FYI, our mall here has a Target and Old Navy in it, and they are actually right next door to each other. So, for those who are wondering why I didn't notice the jacket when loading the car up, that is why). I was walking out of Old Navy when I realized I had now stolen the stickers and other dollar section items from Target!!! Stealing a total of about $5.00 worth of stuff in a matter of 10 minutes from two different stores. Yes, I guess I am a thief!:) Well, I quickly went back to Target and actually decided against buying anything. The funny thing is that no alarms or anything went off this entire time. Well, after that, I decided I had better head home before I accidently stole something REALLY expensive! To top of the afternoon, when I got home I noticed my zipper had been down the entire time I was out! Such is life. I really think I am losing my mind!:)
8 comments:
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry but thanks for the laugh!!!! :)
That's so funny! Who knew it would be so easy to steal? A while back, I realized I'd taken something from Target without paying, but not until I got home. I thought I'd pay next time I went to Target, but then I forgot what it was I'd accidentally taken!! I was so innocent. :)
Oh, you have me laughing so hard, I'm shaking. I'm glad I'm not the only one who loses my brain sometimes! I love the story!
This is great! Thanks for sharing, now I know it's not just me who'd totally forgetful sometimes.
You are too funny! Thanks for the laugh. Stealing huh? So, not like you Melissa! Ha ha! Oh how funny!If the alarms had sounded you would've been mortified. It was your "lucky forgetful" day.....
I was laughing the entire time I read your post. Thank you for being a mom. I have those moments all the time.
I think I'm rubbing off on you :)
You get this hereditarily,from your mom, but I must admit I didn't start as young as 29! :-)
Melissa stealing? Amazing!
Post a Comment