Thursday, November 20, 2008

9 years ago today...

Nine years ago today Dave and I got married. It's hard for me to believe that many years have passed! In many ways I still feel as old as I was then. And I certainly look the same!:):) At least we have three kids to show for it. I am still thankful I met Dave through our church while we were attending BYU, and that I somehow convinced him to marry me. :):) I love you sweetie!





Also, I wanted to show you some of my handy work. Before we had kids, we bought our kitchen table and it came with upholstered chairs which were cream colored. Needless to say, five years and Scott and Madeline later, they were getting pretty ugly. A friend of mine had told me that they would be easy to recover, but I was a little skeptical. I decided to try it out. Here is the before...(see all those stains on it!)





And here is the after! I did all four chairs in a few hours, and it was suprisingly easy and really fun! If I can do this, anyone can! I am definately not crafty! Now I have chairs that look clean again! I wonder how long that will last?...any guesses?






4 comments:

Welsch Family said...

Looks great! I am so impressed!

Klare said...

Happy Anniversary!!
And the chairs look great!

Alee and Brandon said...

HAPPY DAY!!! And you are my inspiration of craftyness!

Heather said...

Wow, Good job Melissa. I am very impressed and I love the fabric choice. Cream is just a no color for little kids.