Thursday, October 09, 2008

Grisamore Farms

Today we went on a play group to Grisamore Farms. It is a little ways outside of Ithaca. It's a U-Pick farm, and this time of year we got to pick apples off the tree. It was so cool!

At the entrance they had some Scarecrows and Halloween stuff for the kids to see.Here is Dylan enjoying the wonderful weather in his stroller.
Scott and Madeline stopped for a picture with their friend in front of some pumpkins.
They also had some animals for the kids to see.

Here are Scott(above) and Madeline (below) picking apples off of the trees. It was fun for them to see where apples really come from, not just the grocery store.
We were able to snack on a apple while walking around the farm too. It was delicious!

They had turned this barn into a store with cute things inside. We had so much fun with all the little kids. It was such a perfect fall activity, and wonderful weather too! I just can't get over how incredibly beautiful it is here this time of year!

5 comments:

Alee and Brandon said...

How fun! That is so funny, I just got done posting the exact same post! We went for a Preschool fieldtrip today and both the boys LOVED it! Great fun!

Heather said...

That looks like so much fun. What a cool thing to do?! I have looked for those u pick farms here in Utah and I can't find any. Oh well. Enjoy the cool adventure.

eric and alicia said...

Looks like you are having tons of fun on your new adventure! I am so jealous!:)Ava misses her best buds like crazy, especially at our meetings.

Alyssa said...

How fun! I'm constantly jealous of all your outdoor adventures. Maybe I need to go to a more rural-ish, less LA-ish place for a while!

Karen said...

Melissa,
Your kiddos are so cute! I can't get over that red hair! So fun and so cute! It looks like you guys are enjoying NY. I bet it's beautiful this time of year. I'm jealous!